The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
The past 2 days were great. Sure, my aeroworks yak was having esc issues, but I loooved every second of the strawberry plane and the A10. Also flew my friends Trojan, and I quite like it! Now I really want one lol View attachment 199450 View attachment 199451 View attachment 199452 View attachment 199453 View attachment 199454
dude please in honour of foamboard don't go huying another plane. build a trojan, and paint it like a shop version then you won't know the difference

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Also, why are you so against me buying a plane?
I was wondering the same thing lol. Some guys like me just don’t have the time in it would take to get a model as scale as they wanted.
wait a moment haven't you heard flitetest is going too be releasing preprinted foamboard... easy peasy to make it super scale then.
plus i never asked you not to buy one, it's just @SquirrelTail that i haven't seen you build a foamie in How long??

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
wait a moment haven't you heard flitetest is going too be releasing preprinted foamboard... easy peasy to make it super scale then.
plus i never asked you not to buy one, it's just @SquirrelTail that i haven't seen you build a foamie in How long??
Still even with the printed fb, dtfb planes aren't scale by any means. If you want a scale airplane you either have to spend a winter with balsa or insulation foam or buy one. Foam board airplanes are to fly and bash around the looking nice is just a bonus in my opinion.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Still even with the printed fb, dtfb planes aren't scale by any means. If you want a scale airplane you either have to spend a winter with balsa or insulation foam or buy one. Foam board airplanes are to fly and bash around the looking nice is just a bonus in my opinion.
Agreed, you can’t replicate the small details with foamboard, plus I don’t really feel like buying stuff from ft anymore, and they most likely won’t be releasing plans for the scratch build.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Anyways, I’m the proud owner of a T-28 now!
231C9B5B-05F3-4CDA-9D36-F0E46964BB7D.jpeg
3905A9CC-4F83-4E72-972F-A5F9391097D7.jpeg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
man i hate skinning wings, when i have to tile the pages and then tape em together, the paper streches but the tape doesn't so it leaves lovely rinkles on the paper right at the tape...
anyone know how to prevent this without printing giant super expensive pages? (they are really expensive here)

Status
Not open for further replies.