Very Quick probably easy tricopter Bombdrop question

jaskoller

I'd like to add a bomb drop to my Tricopter to release parachute guys for the kids. In order to hook up the servo can I just connect that to my receiver? I'm just making sure there is enough voltage from the receiver to power a servo since my receiver is powered by my KK2.1.5 board. Or is there a way to go through the KK? (which I'd rather just use my receiver). Any help would be appreciated...

On a side note, how have the rest of you that have done this built your bomb drop? Mine is a simple flat piece with a servo glued to it and a rubber band stretched over dropped item. Thanks in advance for any help.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
As far as wiring, It's probably simplest to wire the servo to the RX, power and all. as long as it's not a super-power-hungry-servo, it should be able to run fine without brownout.

If you're still worried about it, pull off the black and red wires and route them to one of the lower motor leads to grab power from the same place your tail servo gets power, and route the signal lead into the RX.

jaskoller

Works like a charm!

As far as wiring, It's probably simplest to wire the servo to the RX, power and all. as long as it's not a super-power-hungry-servo, it should be able to run fine without brownout.

If you're still worried about it, pull off the black and red wires and route them to one of the lower motor leads to grab power from the same place your tail servo gets power, and route the signal lead into the RX.

Hooked this up last night and it works great. Thanks for the info. I just used channel 6 on my receiver with a 9 gram servo. This will work perfectly.