1600mm Glider Build

Wildthing

Legendary member
Looking good! How did you get all the tabs aligned perfectly without a jig?

I taped the ailerons inplace plus had masking tape on corresponding edges to mark center of each hinge. Then with my Dremel and it's tiny cutting wheel , used 1/64" plywood as a spacer for the Dremel and held it vertically a it got the cutting wheel to the mid point of the edges . The dremel itself I just held at 90 degrees or very close to it :) and then started cutting . Steady and smooth and they all lined up at first crack.

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - I bought some CF tubes yesterday - 7mm x 750mm arrows - 12g (with nock removed)

IMG_6344.JPG

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - I bought some CF tubes yesterday - 7mm x 750mm arrows - 73g (.26oz).

That should be plenty strong, then if you overlap and go with 5mm cf tubing to the end it should be solid. My center section with the 5mm cf rod is great as is, now with the foam and covering the end sections should be good with just the 3mm cf rod. Time will tell :D

Wildthing

Legendary member
I have stupid things going on in my brain about that whole front section in the fuse of what will be 3D printed, possibly even the canopy :)

Wildthing

Legendary member
Little more work in Rhino, my inner 3D printable structure is done. Breaks down into 3 sections to fit the printer and as a guide to line everything up there is a tube for gluing in some cf rod. It also has a mount there for a landing wheel . I will probably do the canopy and hatch 3D printed also but soon I should be able to start designing the foam .

3D Model Picture 14.jpg
3D Model Picture 15.jpg
3D Model Picture 16.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
Vertical and horizontal done now working on all the formers. The light green is being 3D printed, it is 3 sections, 2 which are just for show that go over the wing and a little bit of the turtle deck, section forward of the wing will be the hatch. Blue is the inner structure. LOL, the large black lines are the cf rods but slightly out of proportion , display size and print size settings don't jive with and scaled down print.

3D Model Picture 19.jpg
3D Model Picture 20.jpg