Adventuring into my first MS design. BF-109 G2.

Niez13

Elite member
getting down to the nitty gritty here. push rod stirrers installed, servo tray in, plans updated. took a few notes of what's left. geeze I hope it flies well 😆🤣😂 View attachment 198304
left to do on the design and plans
-servo mount holes and control horns slots on plans
-canopy design...clear and foam board options 😆
-front cowl ring
-wing skirts

View attachment 198305 View attachment 198306 View attachment 198307
I'll probably get the electronics installed this weekend. Tons of room for whatever battery I want! I'm still not sure on cooling.... I the intake under the cowl makes it into the fuselage, but at this point there isn't any room between the battery tray and the top of the wing. I'll figure it out soon enough I guess!

getting close on the specs:
wing span 48"
length 38"
weight (no battery) 550g
power 2216 1120kv
5 channels (built with flaps)
The bottom is beautiful with all the intakes that are scale and functional! Even though you say it's not the final version, the seems are great!

One note on the tail is I would keep it how it is laid out now with the one piece from the back cockpit to the tail. That way its less pieces, and lighter because you don't need formers. If you were to add a piece to do it like my FW190 it would add weight, and by how tight the formers is the seems might not add up perfectly(sort of). Basically the thickness of the foam on the seem line would get smaller and possibly leave seems that aren't flat with each other. I hope that makes sense, don't know if I have a photo to show how. But it looks good now so don't worry!:LOL:

bwarz

Master member
thanks! it means a lot coming from you after building some of your designs! I was concerned with the difficulty in assembly of the tail, but as it ended up, I figured out an assembly method that works quite easily! I'll definitely be doing some instructions or a video. The skins have been a few attempts, with most of them being the second or third after a few tweaks. it'll be interesting to see how it all goes together from one shot of the plans!

bwarz

Master member
Ended up building a form to get the front of the cowl right:eek:
20210418_234023.jpg

...and only 5 tries later, I think I've got the seams looking good...
20210419_094728.jpg

bwarz

Master member
A few loose ends to wrap up, the rest of the electronics to install, looks like the prototype is just about ready for some nice weather! Plans have been updated as I've been finding stuff (hopefully 😆🤣) so we'll see how she flies, then make another one to see how the plans work from scratch. luckily as I was gluing in the wing servos, I realized I had one flap servo reversed - had ailerons on the mind!
20210423_013830.jpg
20210423_013853.jpg
20210423_013909.jpg
20210423_013841.jpg

I think I've got to include the spinner disc and a profile. the spinner would just top off the profile lines! I'm expecting to turn it out of 2" foam insulation....

bwarz

Master member
I think she gained a little weight. looking like 575g without battery, 840g with a 3200mAh 3S.

.... just rough tested cg, may be able to shed shed gs going to a 2200. Was thinking I might need the weight to balance it out, but the long nose is going to make that easy

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
A few loose ends to wrap up, the rest of the electronics to install, looks like the prototype is just about ready for some nice weather! Plans have been updated as I've been finding stuff (hopefully 😆🤣) so we'll see how she flies, then make another one to see how the plans work from scratch. luckily as I was gluing in the wing servos, I realized I had one flap servo reversed - had ailerons on the mind!
View attachment 198852 View attachment 198850 View attachment 198849 View attachment 198851
I think I've got to include the spinner disc and a profile. the spinner would just top off the profile lines! I'm expecting to turn it out of 2" foam insulation....
Amazing work!! I can't wait to see it fly!

leaded50

Legendary member
the 109 have airintakes/cooling on side of cowl, that can be suited for extra cooling intakes for eg. battery and such.
Eg. as my scetch here, with opening in fuselage

Attachments

• cowl_air.jpg
    cowl_air.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0