• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
BF109-G2 Master Series style - 46" wingspan

Plane BF109-G2 Master Series style - 46" wingspan Version 1.1

bwarz

Elite member
I've noticed after several flights that my motor is getting quite warm in flight. As built, I'm running a 2216 1120kV spinning a 10x7 prop on 2200mAh 3S. As I noted before she is a bit heavy, which I've made a few minor changes in the V1.1 to help with that just a little. We'll see how the weight plays out on build #2 after polyurethane and paint, but in the mean time, I've picked up a 2814 1050kV motor to see how she flies. Just an FYI for those looking to fly it on a C Pack.

I don't have any 4S batteries, but maybe a 10x5 or 10x6 on 4S might do the trick....?

I've noticed after several flights that my motor is getting quite warm in flight. As built, I'm running a 2216 1120kV spinning a 10x7 prop on 2200mAh 3S. As I noted before she is a bit heavy, which I've made a few minor changes in the V1.1 to help with that just a little. We'll see how the weight plays out on build #2 after polyurethane and paint, but in the mean time, I've picked up a 2814 1050kV motor to see how she flies. Just an FYI for those looking to fly it on a C Pack.

I don't have any 4S batteries, but maybe a 10x5 or 10x6 on 4S might do the trick....?
Does it even need a 10" prop? It's quite a slim nose so the prop isn't blanked by the fuselage. It might be worth trying a 9x6. I use them on similar sized planes running 3s and they do fine. Worth a try?

bwarz

Elite member
Does it even need a 10" prop? It's quite a slim nose so the prop isn't blanked by the fuselage. It might be worth trying a 9x6. I use them on similar sized planes running 3s and they do fine. Worth a try?
That's not a bad thought- I'll have to give it a shot and see, thanks! I just know that its maiden flight with a 10x5 was way underpowered - needed almost full throttle to stay in the air. I'll have to see if I've got any 9s and hit up the LHS if not.

bwarz

Elite member
I finally got back to (re)building the fuselage assembly based on the latest plans (remember, noted that I uploaded them with confidence that they were 99% good??). I had not followed my assembly instructions, and even worse, had glued skins D and E a little off-rotation. The new plans had minor mods to former 8 and a few other things.

So in reassembling last night, I found that the skins are just a bit tight on the formers! So....if you read this and (hopefully) haven't cut skins yet, there are a few minor tweaks that I've made that I will test before uploading a final plan....but for those that might be building, on skins A and E, leave them a little longer on the glue edge than drawn in plans v1.1 (1mm or so should be good). The edges where the skins meet each other should be fine. Former 8rear is too small no, just use two former 8fronts. Finally, former C (the cockpit one) - the sides of the cockpit 'hole' are too low and things don't line up perfect with skin D. Raised them up 2mm for testing again... Also, the rear corners lower corners of skin C where they'd meet skin D and the wing are too short. Things build OK but leave a bit of gap where the two meet. I'm not entirely sure how to explain this but hope to have skins tested again before the weekend is out and will upload corrected parts as a separate attachment...