Adventuring into my first MS design. BF-109 G2.

Thank you. Next in line are Tsesna-150 and Spitfire master series. To be honest, I am just starting, I have built models, I have acquired equipment. Now I need to learn how to fly, I still had no experience))). Mustang and BF-109 are my first models

hank you! Here is the price of 150 as a coach and collect. But I think I can’t resist and the first flight will be on the Mustang P-51)))

bwarz

Master member
Fellow Me-109 enthusiasts...

Anybody else have trouble hand launching this thing? This plane, more than any other, scares me to death every time I launch it: the torque roll to the left immediately after release usually has me grabbing the sticks and dodging the ground...to varying degrees of success. None of my other planes are as remotely as challenging to launch- could it be the small wing size? I've read the Me-109 was tricky plane for pilots to master- maybe the foamboard version is the same.

I'm learning to back waaayyy off on the throttle for launch (~35%). I might switch out the prop (9X6) for a slow-flyer prop and see what that does.

PS- Bwarz, know that your design is solid. Those radiator scoops underneath can take a lot of abuse.
I do recall a hair-raising takeoff every time - and I never had the nerve to launch it myself - always had my son toss it so both hands were on the sticks thankfully!

Not sure if you've swapped props yet or not. My maiden with it was a 10x5 prop which was surely under powered. My final settling was a 2814 1050kV, 3S, 10x6 prop (upgraded the motor from a 2216 1120kV) I'd be worried about thrust unless you've got a higher kV motor or running 4S

Shurik-1960

Soon my daughter's vacation will come in April and I will make a flyby and show a video. I apologize to the author of the topic that I will ask a question off topic... An old friend of an aircraft modeler gave me 4 working Arducopter 2.8, I flashed them on the firmware for the aircraft and a board that does not remember what it is (a separate photo of the board).Can someone tell me what kind of fee it is??? I also became the owner of 2 long-range systems, which were also presented and I will try it on the upper plane in April, then I will put it on a large FPV.

Attachments

• IMG_20230309_084319[1].jpg
    IMG_20230309_084319[1].jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230309_091143[1].jpg
    IMG_20230309_091143[1].jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Legofett

I scaled your plans down to 1/12 scale and this is how far I got on first night after cutting out all the templates. This is my second FT style plane, first was the mini zero, got that built and first fly last week. And I have the F-16 half built but I really wanted a Bf 109 and I love your design, your notes on the plans and details.
IMG_9833.jpeg

Shurik-1960

This model is interesting in a span of 1.2-1.5 meters and the author of the project created an internal structure for the strength stability of the fuselage on bending and torsion on this scale. I don't see the point in repeating the author's construction on a smaller scale - there are many ready-made solutions of copies and semi-copies on a scale of 1:12. When I make a model, I first of all observe the CULTURE of the WEIGHT of the model, trying not to harm the strength of the structure. A brick can also fly if you put a powerful power plant on it...Your model will have an excessively rigid fuselage with an excess weight.This is what I foresee.But everyone has their own desires, and I only advise.No offense. P.S. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?909709-BF-109F-Friedrich-ParkFlyer

Legofett

This model is interesting in a span of 1.2-1.5 meters and the author of the project created an internal structure for the strength stability of the fuselage on bending and torsion on this scale. I don't see the point in repeating the author's construction on a smaller scale - there are many ready-made solutions of copies and semi-copies on a scale of 1:12. When I make a model, I first of all observe the CULTURE of the WEIGHT of the model, trying not to harm the strength of the structure. A brick can also fly if you put a powerful power plant on it...Your model will have an excessively rigid fuselage with an excess weight.This is what I foresee.But everyone has their own desires, and I only advise.No offense. P.S. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?909709-BF-109F-Friedrich-ParkFlyer

Legofett

Thank you for the advice. Im sure you are correct your plane is great, I watched your video it flies well. I will probably be tail heavy if i dont put a big enough battery in. I was going to build @Whit Armstrong s design with only one layer on the spine. Probably do that one next in a 109B-E design.

Shurik-1960

A large battery will add weight to the model and a powerful engine and high speed will be required for the flight. My first models had excessive strength and flew fast and crashed into junk without recovery. This went on until I realized the importance of the MODEL'S WEIGHT CULTURE. At your scale, there is NO need to make ANY reinforcements in the back of the model, but only a couple of partitions.On my model there is no reinforcement of the rear part: just a pipe made of 5mm foam + 2 frames. Styrofoam makes it possible to easily break what is wrong and redo it as needed. Balsa does not give this for a modeler. That's why I like to make models out of styrofoam.

JakeTheSloth

Thanks for sharing your design bwarz. I made one with some mods of mine, changed air intake, oil and water coolers, canopy and some other stuff along the way. The version I did is 109 G-2/tropical. Here's a link to short flight vid

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    732.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240216_150755.jpg
    IMG_20240216_150755.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240216_151723_11.jpg
    IMG_20240216_151723_11.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

JakeTheSloth

Here are my mods if anyone wants to use them. Markings should fit other versions as well. Some of the files are raster as I was too lazy to redraw them in inkscape. Print in 100% size to fit plans

Attachments

• 109 air coolers.pdf
    1.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 109 spinner blueprint.pdf
    1.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 109 markings I. JG77.pdf
    289.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 109 galland style canopy grey.pdf
    147.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 109 canopy, oil cooler and instruments panel.pdf
    167.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 109 canopy sandgelb.pdf
    2.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 109 canopy no paint.pdf
    2.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 109 air filter.pdf
    4.7 KB · Views: 0

bwarz

Master member
Thanks for sharing your design bwarz. I made one with some mods of mine, changed air intake, oil and water coolers, canopy and some other stuff along the way. The version I did is 109 G-2/tropical. Here's a link to short flight vid
beautiful build! thanks for sharing and thanks for the mods too! this might convince me to finish another one that I started forever ago:rolleyes:

JakeTheSloth

beautiful build! thanks for sharing and thanks for the mods too! this might convince me to finish another one that I started forever ago:rolleyes:
I got a couple of these "aging" builds as well, bf-110 is hanging on wall waiting to be finished for around 2 years now lol. Good luck on finishing your build :)

Shurik-1960

I bought it 10 years ago and still use it.The screws must be balanced. I balance all the screws that I receive by parcel from China and put them in a box. !For 0 years, my models do not growl in flight and the motor frame does not come off.

Attachments

• 8041.970.jpg
    8041.970.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 0