Adventuring into my first MS design. BF-109 G2.

Shurik-1960

He began to wrap it with yellow tape. Tomorrow I will continue to cover with green tape. The bottom will be covered in blue. Black tape will be used too. I iron the whole tightness with a model iron.
I do decals like this: I print out the image, cover it with transparent tape and iron it with a model iron. Then, under a stream of warm water, I gently peel off a layer of wet paper.The drawing remains on the transparent adhesive tape.

Attachments

• Bf-109-G2 (33)_JPG.jpg
    Bf-109-G2 (33)_JPG.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Instrumente2c.jpg
    Instrumente2c.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 0

Shurik-1960

Я решилась на эту раскраску. Это будет не копия, а модель для духовных полетов. После подгонки вырежу и приклею остальные детали.
На другом авиамодельном сайте мою модель прозвали Мессершмитт Немо (как рыбка из мультика).

Attachments

• обклейка1.JPG
    обклейка1.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Fellow Me-109 enthusiasts...

Anybody else have trouble hand launching this thing? This plane, more than any other, scares me to death every time I launch it: the torque roll to the left immediately after release usually has me grabbing the sticks and dodging the ground...to varying degrees of success. None of my other planes are as remotely as challenging to launch- could it be the small wing size? I've read the Me-109 was tricky plane for pilots to master- maybe the foamboard version is the same.

I'm learning to back waaayyy off on the throttle for launch (~35%). I might switch out the prop (9X6) for a slow-flyer prop and see what that does.

PS- Bwarz, know that your design is solid. Those radiator scoops underneath can take a lot of abuse.

mastermalpass

Elite member

Anybody else have trouble hand launching this thing? This plane, more than any other, scares me to death every time I launch it: the torque roll to the left immediately after release usually has me grabbing the sticks and dodging the ground...to varying degrees of success. None of my other planes are as remotely as challenging to launch- could it be the small wing size? I've read the Me-109 was tricky plane for pilots to master- maybe the foamboard version is the same.

I'm learning to back waaayyy off on the throttle for launch (~35%). I might switch out the prop (9X6) for a slow-flyer prop and see what that does.

PS- Bwarz, know that your design is solid. Those radiator scoops underneath can take a lot of abuse.

According the DCS, the BF-109 is an absolute pig on the ground and in take off. The prop wash has a tendency to wrap around the fuselage then slam into the vertical stabiliser. On top of that, the real one's tail wheel was fixed, pilots had to manage yaw purely with differential braking!

Shurik-1960

When gluing the motor frame, I immediately made a 3 degree slope to the right.The horizontal slope is 0.Will change when setting up after the first flight. The model pulls to the left - they say the engine is skewed to the right.as compensation for engine operation, or the curved geometry of the fuselage, rudder.Unfortunately, my daughter is ill and the trip to the village for the holidays is canceled, which means the flight of the model is postponed. I have ALL the models, after throws for planning and trimming, they fly like on rails.

Tench745

Master member

Full scale aircraft have specific trim settings for takeoffs. We modelers can take cues from that and either add in some trim, manually hold in some correction on launch, or setup a switch on your radio to do the same.
One of the reasons I like "scale" takeoffs from the ground is that it gives you some time to get up to flying speed and get some control before the plane is in the air.

Shurik-1960

Today I did the control rods and connected the ailerons to the servos and the elevator.Finally glued the lantern. For precise bending of the rods, I made myself this tool -see the photo :

Tomorrow I will exhibit the final photos of the model before the flight. The remaining details of the decoration on the fuselage will be glued after the flyby .

Shurik-1960

The photo shows the work done. The weight of the glider is 512 grams. The battery weight is 161 grams. The center of gravity is 25% of the wing chord.In the photo, the installation location of the container for the battery. All expenses on the transmitter for the flyby put 50%. It remains to get to the field in the village.My daughter has almost recovered and when she is discharged, we will go to the village.I will put up a video of the flyby not earlier than in a week.

Last edited:

Shurik-1960

For those who want to make this model with a transparent cabin !!I can send 5 pieces of uncut lanterns in exchange for idle motors or regulators, unnecessary working servos.

mastermalpass

Elite member
For entertainment from bad weather : my first Flite test model with a 1.2m span is the P-51. The flight weight is 665 grams.

Bad weather? I can hear that the winds are blowing, but that sky is beautiful! Nicely flown as well. 1.2 metres wide but only weighing 665g is impressive, no wonder it can move so slowly up there. What's the wingspan of your BF-109? That one is even more light!

Shurik-1960

"A rather sturdy master series build with a 46" wingspan". I made this model according to the author's drawing. Now I would change in the drawing : 1. I would not cut out the battery compartment in front of the cabin, but moved it under the hatch in front of the wing, like the FT P-51. 2. The tail frame reinforcement of the fuselage would be replaced by the FT P-51, which would make the tail part of the fuselage lighter while maintaining strength. 3. The wing licks must be made to the leading edge of the wing. 4. I did not make paper tunnels in the wing for wires -extra weight. In this model, after the flyby, I will try to fly with a 3S60C 1500mA battery, moving it to the nose of the fuselage. The goal is to reduce the flight weight of the model and compare flight quality. If everything is OK. Then the location of the hatch under the batteries will be justified.

Добрый день тоже собрал из пенопластового листа мастер серию П-51, получил вес 855 грамм с аккумулятором 2200, мотор 2216 1250 кВ, еще не летал
конеаная сборка 2.jpg
конечная сборка.jpg