• Landing gear no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keep as is

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
v2 plans are out here are the tiled versions.

ailerons and motor pods are not marked, as tabs can variate in dimensions from hand cutting, and ailerons are not marked since they are optional. Landing gear plans are included here. (img005 is the landing gear file)

Attachments

• v2 wing tiled for bn-2 islander rc.pdf
    332.7 KB · Views: 0
  • v2 fuselage tiled for bn-2 islander rc.pdf
    436.9 KB · Views: 0
  • img005.pdf
    306.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
landing gear is actually built pretty simply. It is just bent into shape by the plans, and then a slot is cut in the wing, so that the main gear 1" section is sitting flush with the wing, and flush with the outer side of the motor pod. just hot glue or ca it in, and put on the wheels. it doesn't matter whether the wheels are pointing inward or outward from the fuselage, just make sure that the wheel center is behind the center of gravity. (Which is 2.5 inches aft of the leading edge). The nose gear is made such that the v part sits inside the fuselage, reinforce by a piece of foam glued on top, and the rest sticks through, so that the wheel can be attached outside the fuse. it is positioned as far up the nose as possible. At this point, I would also recommend adding any nose weight if it doesn't balance properly. (tail weight should not be needed.) 20220114_170557.jpg
20220115_121810.jpg
20220115_121808.jpg

Attachments

• 20220114_170557.jpg
    20220114_170557.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Another thing, If any pictures are needed that I didn't provide, just quote the post where they are needed and way what image you need. I have plenty of photos that will probably meet the requirement.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Next update. It crashed. And for once, I am thankful for a crash. it exposed 25 mistakes, and made me see where I can improve. At least for the wing, the next plans will just be measurements, as to not waste paper. Here is a video of it crashing, and the measurement plans. Leave the 1" spars that are together and next to the extra section alone and don't cut them out. I will explain later. There is also an updated wing spar that will be used. In addition, there is a center section, the one marked vertically so just cut the 2" spar in half. all will be explained in a later post.

Edit: I need to find the video. I will add it later.

Attachments

• 20220123_211750_2.jpg
    20220123_211750_2.jpg
    753.4 KB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Just to note, this will have enlarged ailerons, but no landing gear, as I will be making a much refined, more scale version, as I will do with the nacelles.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I have flown the islander with the. New wing and the pilot, a fellow club member has said that the new wing flies worse. I agree so if you want to build this just use the original plans and add a lengthy wooden spar. Good luck to beta builders. I would love if atoeast one other person builds and flies it before I release the resource