Collecting parts for first tricopter build, what do you think?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Just to jump in here...

My bat bone easily reached 10 minutes on a 2200 mah, 3s with 1300 kv motors.

Then it flew away...

But, I have a much better tricopter, now. Gotta love a larger airframe with DT750's!
Well, you are not alone in being abandoned by a copter, Teach. My Nano QX is hiding in the backyard somewhere! Took it outside yesterday to try some flips. Bad idea as the wind was blowing harder than I thought. I had it up sort of fine at first and then a gust took it out into the pasture. I kept catching it but wasn't making any progress back due to the gusts. They just kept knocking it off track and I finally just dumped it thinking it would be better than it flying away. If I could just find it! It's out there somewhere, mocking me!

manglin

I haven't tried the goggles yet, still waiting on them from china. They are kinda low res so I'm not expecting a really great picture from them. I seen a video on youtube of someone who tried them and he seemed to like them, he popped the screen out of the glasses and put them in some paint ball goggles that were painted black to keep the light out.

That's sort of what I plan to do. I have some old scratched up snowboarding goggles laying around that I'm going to use. I just don't want to spend ~$500 for goggles. That just seems excessive. When you do get the goggles, let me know how they work.