Crash's STOL build log.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
So I got back from the hobby store....... And I forgot to buy or the guy only gave me one servo y setup and I didn't pay attention till I got home. The shop is close but not close enough to just run out for a cheap cord. Might have to just fly with out flaps

CrashRecovery

Mentor
True..... Would only have to slice in one side.... Could do the trick David showed for making a double wire deans plug

Liemavick

Mentor
I figure if a 10 year old factory worker in China can make it, so can we! Just be sure to use shrink wrap so it looks like the kid made it. :)

CrashRecovery

Mentor
All done except for the motors!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Here is the wiring mess

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Yup! So far with the 2200 the balance point is right at the mid line of the wing. I think I'm gonna try the big one and see if it brings the nose down some. Do I have the right point for the cg?

earthsciteach

Without the motors on, probably close to cg. As a general rule, the cg should be between about 1/4 and 1/3 the width of the wing back from the leading edge.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
I don't think the motors are going to mess with it too much. They are going to be right at the wing tip. I can't decide if I want to put them under the wing or split the front edge

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
No......... Wife respect! She has put up with a lot of dumb s$&t in the past and now it's RC Planes. I can only respect her for doing that. I even got her to try and fly the scout and well she just needs a bigger area to fly in.

Told ya... whooped. :)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I learned a neat trick, distract the wife with a kitchen remodel and new tile floors. She hardly notices my mess which has grown to 3 rooms now. She is to busy picking out cabinets and tile color. Monkey should I add the cost of the remodel into my RC hobby tab like in your article? Crash nice progress on your build Bro, looking good!

Yes.

earthsciteach

"Monkey should I add the cost of the remodel into my RC hobby tab like in your article?"

Please rate this article. Its driving Monkey crazy!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
"Monkey should I add the cost of the remodel into my RC hobby tab like in your article?"

Please rate this article. Its driving Monkey crazy!

I finally got my five. It's at seven ratings now actually. Over 1000 views to get there though.

Slackers.