• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

rickp

Thank you Rick. I certainly will be joining your thread and group.

I flew in SAM competition for nearly ten years in the 1980's. I hardly ever missed a meet on the West Coast, NV and AZ. I was president of SAM 49 in SO Cal for a few years. I was president of the first AMA recognized Special Interest Group for Electric Power in the early 1980's called SEAM. If you look in the dictionary under "obsessive compulsive" you should see my photo. My van or station wagon was filled with Old Timers at every event I attended. I miss those days, my friends & flying in competition very much.
View attachment 174459 View attachment 174460
Great pictures - I'll most likely ask you for some additional help when it comes time to build the Phoenix model.

Cheers, rick

Mini Scout Phoenix Model

Here's the 3 channel Mini Scout requested by buzzbomb.
Painted like the 4 channel Simple Scout of post #385, it flies similarly though rolls are limited by its 3 channel nature.
Referencing the two short videos below, you'll see the difference between the 3 ch Mini Scout and 4 ch Simple Scout.

Enjoy! rick
Hi Rick,

Sorry for a late newbie question. But it looks like the files attached here are still for the simple scout 4ch, and not the 3ch mini scout. I never installed any model before so it is not a matter of deleting the old one.
Thanks for your great contributions!

shai

rickp

Hi Rick,

Sorry for a late newbie question. But it looks like the files attached here are still for the simple scout 4ch, and not the 3ch mini scout. I never installed any model before so it is not a matter of deleting the old one.
Thanks for your great contributions!

shai
Good catch, shai, as it looks like you're absolutely right!

Unzip and install the attached file and you should find "Flite Test Mini-Scout" in the electric list.
Installation instructions are here.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, and enjoy the model. Cheers, rick

ps: I've updated the original post with the correct file as well

Attachments

Good catch, shai, as it looks like you're absolutely right!

Unzip and install the attached file and you should find "Flite Test Mini-Scout" in the electric list.
Installation instructions are here.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, and enjoy the model. Cheers, rick

ps: I've updated the original post with the correct file as well
YES! Many thanks!
Works like a charm!!

I would think so, as I transitioned from Win7 to Win10 without issue.
THANKS RICK. I just transformed my Win 7 desktop to Win 10 before I found the Phoenix posts.........My cable has been ordered and now I wait.............IMPATIENTLY...

BTW. You may already know this but If you want to find almost every "SAM" plane ever drawn..........like the Playboy........Lanzo Bomber etc..........Google AeroFred he has 23,000 free plans.........