FT Mini Arrow

dayve

The upcoming FT Mini Arrow (FT Store link)is one cool looking little wing! To me, it looks a lot like the Experimental Airlines Synapse.

Links:
Free plans
Intro video
Build video

FTMiniArrow.JPG

Last edited:

dgrigor02

I would have bet my whole life savings the next plane to release would have been the sparrow.

I built a 60% versa with 1804 motor and loved it but it was hard to balance. Looks like this solves that by moving motor closer to CG.

kacknor

Build another!
This does look good. Might be a nice afternoon scratch build from parts I have about the place...

JD

xMeox

Damn.. that looks sweet. Just finished a versa for fpv. Hm I think ill ditch the versa and build one of those next week. Looks way easier to balance!

Sneeky7

Ordered my speed build kit today. First flying wing should be interesting! Hopefully master it and start getting into FPV this year.

DrDiff

Speed build kit is available, but what about Plans?

I was certain that they said something about the Sparow as well.

Not complaining but just wondering...

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot

They said build video and plans Wednesday. They also said the normal video was delayed tell today.

dayve

Based on the info on the FT Facebook page, the Mini Arrow intro video will be out today. That would mean the plans and build video should follow on Wednesday.

Maybe the Sparrow is next? I know they were building them as gliders at their last event.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The new FT Mini Arrow is pretty cool. The build was simple (even without the build video to reference) and fast. Less work than a Blunt Nose Versa for sure. I really like the electronics pod and the box spar. Here is mine so far, nearly complete.

IMG_20160112_245612090_HDR.jpg

Very clean little wing.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
The new FT Mini Arrow is pretty cool. The build was simple (even without the build video to reference) and fast. Less work than a Blunt Nose Versa for sure. I really like the electronics pod and the box spar. Here is mine so far, nearly complete.

View attachment 61888

Very clean little wing.

That the speed build of you cut it?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
SP0NZ, you are cheating. Curse you and your marvelous plan drawing skills. :p

dgrigor02

Colder temps, bare trees pushers are louder than I feel comfortable flying in our little neighborhood park. Any tips / tricks to make a pusher more quiet. Assuming it will still balance moving the the prop further back help much or is it more just the overall air flow that causes it and that won't really help much.

Lower KV but higher prop pitch help with the noise either ?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
That the speed build of you cut it?

I cut that from the preliminary plans. Final plans were submitted for review today. Hopefully they will be posted tomorrow. I will make the links live on my Plans Index then as well.