HK Super Mini Quadcopter_ Build Log

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
for a friend !!

i ordered with the express shipping because its safer and faster; I had 2 Kg allowed in the package so me and my friend split the shipping cost.

sorry Glydr i hijacked your topic again :D

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Can you spot the "quad wannabe" on my polluted bench ?

x550 first pic.jpg

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
YAY! Very good idea, however it's space-consuming (at least if I implement it on my tricopter...)

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
nice one thurmond !!!!

checkout my ARF XQuad !! Now messing with the Gyros and designing a Dome - protective cover; Any Ideas ? I started something with a CD stacker ... pictures tomorrow.

quadxcopter.jpg

I was looking at some heli canopy for my quad, havent bought anything yet though. You can get one from HK for like $10 and less and they have a few sizes. It can protect your board as well as help with orientation.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I was looking at some heli canopy for my quad, havent bought anything yet though. You can get one from HK for like $10 and less and they have a few sizes. It can protect your board as well as help with orientation.

On some other place (leaderhobby I think, maybe DX) I saw a canopy for $4 and free shipping. Not sure of the quality.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
couldnt find any ... i saw on ebay some protective Domes for security cameras ....

EDIT: Im noticing that i dont need my KK board that high above the main plate ... half would work ... maybe i can chop the nylon spacers in the middle ??

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
EDIT: Im noticing that i dont need my KK board that high above the main plate ... half would work ... maybe i can chop the nylon spacers in the middle ??

As long as you don't compromise the structural integrity - so they break in the air.

couldnt find any ... i saw on ebay some protective Domes for security cameras ....

I just checked, hobbyking sells canopy size 450 for about 5 to 7 dollars. leadershobby is having some kinda sales, their canopy can be as cheap as 2 dollars. check it out

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
i dont think a 450 heli canopy would fit the way i would like it ... do you have a picture to to show me how its done ?

glydr

How many letters do we ge
A lot of people hit ebay for a security camera dome.

Personally I've never liked the look of a 450 canopy, though I can see how on a tricopter it aids orientation.

G

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
OK !!! my quad is done .. but as i lift from ground it wobbles out of control - much like Glydr video - how do i fix it ? wich gyropot should i mess with ?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
OK !!! my quad is done .. but as i lift from ground it wobbles out of control - much like Glydr video - how do i fix it ? wich gyropot should i mess with ?

Have you done the testing? Check the quad videos from Flite Test.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
all the gyros and motors are functioning as they should ... turning and compensating in the right direction.

I think they are reacting slow and overcompensating the movements.