buzzbomb

I know nothing!
No thanks required. Someone sees a friend with a bandage, they inquire. That's sort how friendship (even online friendship) works. :)

I will pray that all is well and I hope it is true.

d8veh

Elite member
Don't feel so stupid for building the wrong wing. That's very easy to do when you're building from a plan. I bet there are a few here that have done it.

Your 4 ch Trainer loks really good now. You only have to make sure that the G-spot is correct and the battery held in tightly so that it can't move. Bear in mind that the turning will now be slightly different. You'll need a bit more stick movement to keep the wings level. Finally, don't forget to reduce the throttle when you get some height, which will slow everything down and make the plane easier to control.

Arcfyre

Elite member
Lol brother, you could have at least created two right wings this time, hahaha. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Your shopping cart looks awesome as well. Hope the shipping is quick and all the stuff is as it seems. I just ordered a few props and connectors from HobbyKing myself.

I flew my arrow once on a 1400kv 1806 motor similar to the one you've been using on your M3 models. It was really underpowered but it did fly. I have since switched to a 2700 kV 1806 and I fly it on 2S with a 6x4 prop. Flies great and has excellent run time. The only thing that bothers me about it is how small the battery area is.

PoorManRC

Master member
I just went through all these pages! :eek: You my Friend, have come a long way in a short time. As I'm about to embark on my first EVER RC Aircraft, I can hope that I can have similar quick progress!
The Guys here are amazing. Sometimes conflicting Advice, but it's always GOOD!! (y)(y)

I'm Retired (well... Disabled), and have a LOT of time on my hands.
Your diligence is an inspiration!! I know I REALLY want to do this, and have for a long time.
I started out a little arrogant - because I flew 1:1 Aircraft in the USAF! These Gentlemen were very patient with me.... but I've a feeling that I was far from the first with an all conquering attitude!

From the beginning of your Thread, I noticed that you have great patience, and for the record - your first TT was VERY well done!! You're not apprehensive about modifying the plans either!
I "chickened out" and decided that my first is going to be already Laser Cut.

However, thanks to these Guys, even though I haven't even started building yet, I've already got plans to modify from the norm.
THIS is the Land of experiments here!! I'm now itching to DIVE IN!
Looks like you're already well on your way!

I'll be following this - and expanding my Learning! ;)
Cheers!

mayan

Legendary member
Updates, my friend?
I was already in the middle of writing up on my last practice session when I got a lot of alerts telling me that you guys like my content. I was shocked, deleted everything that I wrote, paused for a second and am still thinking what to write.

@PoorManRC thank you for your kind words. I am sure you too will have a quick progress if you have time and the means to get the electronics required. A few tips from me for you to take on your journey. Dare, don’t be afraid to try and fail that only builds success. Remember that every failure is a lesson learned for the future. Use your common sense, I am sure you’ve gone through a few things in your life and know when things don’t feel right. Don’t push your luck when things don’t work well or don’t seem to work like they should. Instead stop, think, ask, then try to fix things and try again. Film your flying sessions a lot of members will be able to give you a ton of inputs about it. And remember the most important thing and repeat after me “Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat!”. The more you do this the better you get at everything.

Alright well enough with my bla bla. You asked how was my practice session, so let me tell you about it. It was the prefect winter day weather for flying sunny but not hot, with a 3-5 km/hr wind. There were a few days with no rain before so the field wasn’t muddy like in previous times that I went. I had some problems with the GoPro which was bumming but managed to find a solution that I was able to live with. Check out the practice session.

I wasn’t able to go flying since then because the weather changed and I was packed with night shifts at work, sleeping through most of the day after each shift. Lucky my night shifts were quite calm and I managed to use them to fix broken models as well as build new ones. Over the last two night shifts I managed to finish building the Mighty Mini Arrow.

7BD78D7F-646F-474D-9B6A-5892E1CF3F7E.jpeg
8A51CC82-DEC9-4C3C-A681-D6AC6BFCA1C0.jpeg
820F66B7-A2C4-430A-9B2E-891E18FCF7B0.jpeg
23A2981F-9004-443F-B91B-4DCC39893DD1.jpeg

And the Mighty Mini Sparrow.
6F0F058E-8664-4F0A-8A4F-7EF15C362398.jpeg
2826CD2F-797A-4088-A743-ACAF7273D0AF.jpeg
2D622F3E-13BE-4FFC-9175-6D7A5ED4EED3.jpeg
CD190DE3-4A58-42DC-B2E6-A129DFAB2165.jpeg

Still missing a few things missing like the electronics and a few other things. I’ll finish these off when my orders with the electronics come through. Just started another night shift, what’s the plan for tonight? Well tonight I am taking it on the calm side. I’ll be creating new plans for some planes that I want to build and be able to rebuild. What planes? The three musketeers, the Alpha, Bravo and Charlie...

See ya soon.

PoorManRC

Master member
@mayan - thank you for that Sage Advice! I can definitely take that that to heart.
If I didn't join this Group, I would have destroyed at least 10 Planes, and may have quit! Only because I have no Support outside of the Forum.

The A, B and C sound cool. I watched all 3 Videos. You can mix up parts, and really experiment! I was thinking, the Airframes are pretty stable.... Maybe building a modified Fuse, and fitting an EDF in one.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I was already in the middle of writing up on my last practice session when I got a lot of alerts telling me that you guys like my content. I was shocked, deleted everything that I wrote, paused for a second and am still thinking what to write.

@PoorManRC thank you for your kind words. I am sure you too will have a quick progress if you have time and the means to get the electronics required. A few tips from me for you to take on your journey. Dare, don’t be afraid to try and fail that only builds success. Remember that every failure is a lesson learned for the future. Use your common sense, I am sure you’ve gone through a few things in your life and know when things don’t feel right. Don’t push your luck when things don’t work well or don’t seem to work like they should. Instead stop, think, ask, then try to fix things and try again. Film your flying sessions a lot of members will be able to give you a ton of inputs about it. And remember the most important thing and repeat after me “Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat!”. The more you do this the better you get at everything.

Alright well enough with my bla bla. You asked how was my practice session, so let me tell you about it. It was the prefect winter day weather for flying sunny but not hot, with a 3-5 km/hr wind. There were a few days with no rain before so the field wasn’t muddy like in previous times that I went. I had some problems with the GoPro which was bumming but managed to find a solution that I was able to live with. Check out the practice session.

I wasn’t able to go flying since then because the weather changed and I was packed with night shifts at work, sleeping through most of the day after each shift. Lucky my night shifts were quite calm and I managed to use them to fix broken models as well as build new ones. Over the last two night shifts I managed to finish building the Mighty Mini Arrow.

View attachment 118649 View attachment 118650 View attachment 118651 View attachment 118652

And the Mighty Mini Sparrow.
View attachment 118653 View attachment 118654 View attachment 118655 View attachment 118656

Still missing a few things missing like the electronics and a few other things. I’ll finish these off when my orders with the electronics come through. Just started another night shift, what’s the plan for tonight? Well tonight I am taking it on the calm side. I’ll be creating new plans for some planes that I want to build and be able to rebuild. What planes? The three musketeers, the Alpha, Bravo and Charlie...

See ya soon.
Simply beautiful. Not the plane in the pics, but it's the way you fly. You'd think I'm talking about all that video of you flying. Nope. It's the way you just overcome every obstacle and keep on going. Beautiful. Thank you.

PoorManRC

Master member
LOVE the way you did the Wing on that Mini Sparrow! Gives me MORE ideas.
Side note... I even like the handwriting on the Wings! It says out loud "YES! I did scratchbuild this Aircraft!!" (y)(y)

mayan

Legendary member
LOVE the way you did the Wing on that Mini Sparrow! Gives me MORE ideas.
Side note... I even like the handwriting on the Wings! It says out loud "YES! I did scratchbuild this Aircraft!!" (y)(y)
Foam board isn’t all that expensive here in Israel but when it’s free cause somebody wrote on it, I’ll take it and make the most out of it.

EDIT: Lately when I’ve been walking home with the built planes that I finished off at work. People that work in other departments in City Hall have asked me if I sell the planes I build. If I can make one for their children saying that they are willing to pay me to build one. I haven’t ever thought of selling any plane I built, I think I might just build a TT glider version and give it away.

Last edited:

PoorManRC

Master member
Foam board isn’t all that expensive here in Israel but when it’s free cause somebody wrote on it, I’ll take it and make the most out of it.

EDIT: Lately when I’ve been walking home with the built planes that I finished off at work. People that work in other departments in City Hall have asked me if I sell the planes I build. If I can make one for their children saying that they are willing to pay me to build one. I haven’t ever thought of selling any plane I built, I think I might just build a TT glider version and give it away.

Hey! You wouldn't have to go full Business (kind of sucks the fun out of the Hobby)...
But maybe make and sell a couple, maybe to finance the electronics portion of the Hobby! Maybe?

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

Since you can't get foamboard easily, it speaks a lot that you want to give a plane away. I think you should check out the STEM planes. They are designed to be resourced from as little as possible. Maybe you could help a couple of children for a sheet of your painstakingly created foamboard, rather than one.

mayan

Legendary member
@PoorManRC don’t know if I want to take money for building a plane rather have the child sit and build it with me. I think it will make him dedicated.
@buzzbomb thanks for your kind words.

Over time I managed to learn how to create one TT out of 1.5 sheets of foam, when scratch building. Although recently building the Sparrow I managed to build it out of one foam board. If it was all about saving up on foam board I’d go for the Sparrow. However I would think it’s better to go with a plane that you can grow with. The TT is definitely a plane that you can grow with. It can be loads of fun even not RC. A friend and I spend hours of our shift tossing a 50% scale of the TT back and forth while having a bonding conversation. It’s also great as a 3 channel practice plane, but can easily be turned into a 4 channel aerobatic plane.

Wanted to go fly today but not feeling all that well. Maybe tomorrow...

PoorManRC

Master member
@PoorManRC don’t know if I want to take money for building a plane rather have the child sit and build it with me. I think it will make him dedicated.

Wanted to go fly today but not feeling all that well. Maybe tomorrow...

There's NO WAY anyone could disagree with that logic!!! Great for the Kids!!