• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Let´s design the Scott Racer!

Trondareo

Since Josh B now has two planes in his name its time we, the users and watchers of Flitetest worked out the scratch build Scott Racer! :cool: What should its characteristics be? What hardware should we use? What shape and dimensions?

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I'm thinking an existing plane much like the Bix- just different graphics.
The Durafly 1400mm Corsair done up in pylon racing scheme...
Anthony- make it happen!
corsair-n5588n-4.jpg

Trondareo

Here are some ideas I have been playing with. The Scott should have a really cool motor. EDFs and propellers are to normal. How about a counter rotating three bladed pusher? I know JoshS likes guns and fighterstyle planes so it should be something sleek with guns. For instance the Rostock F2B Sanka Mk.B from the Sky Crawlers movie . Hobbyking has counter rotating motors, and the build would be in depron with KF wing profiles. The attached illustration is from a FineMolds Plastic model.

RostokF2BSankaBoxArt.jpg

Trondareo

Ok, it looks like we need to vote on the wing configuration first.
The Bixler has high wing so the Scott has to have something cooler.
Should it be Biplane, mid-wing, low-wing or canard?

Carbon

Elemental Madness
You know what, we should all scratch-build a design and then choose a winner, with Mr. Scotts approval of course. I would donate $5 to the winner. If we all do then the winner could get a new plane or something.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
If it's gonna be a Josh Scott airplane, it has to be an easy to build and cheap design - which would most likely exclude EDF's. But it's a cool thought :D

I'll think of something quick to put a Park450 on.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
You just called Josh Scott cheap and easy.
Ok, let's make it a 14 channel, dual EDF, running a 6S pack with 4 individual bomb bays and 2 machine guns, flaps, retracts, afterburner mod and painted like the Blue Angels.

So that everyone can easily build and own one. :black_eyed: