• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mikey's FPV v3

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

In this episode of Flite Test, Josh and Josh talk about Mikey's FPV v3. This plane is an extremely well designed plane, it's a versatile FPV slow flying trainer. We want to thank Will for from Mikey's RC for being so friendly and helpful! Watch this video to see more.

Parts we used:

TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller

Turnigy Park450 Brushless Outrunner 1050kv

LINKAGE stopper D2.1MM (10SETS)

GWS EP Propeller (RD-1047 254x119mm) (6pcs/set)

HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo

Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack

PIN horns L22XW19XH.9 (10SETS)

Last edited by a moderator:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
What's the hand writing say on the yellow tape there on the leading edge?

I see now...I just had to wait until 10:29 in the video...lol

Last edited:
Wheres the build log !!! i want it to build it right now !!!!! nice plane !! ill teach my family to fly on it !

Last edited:

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Another fantastic episode guys. You what I HATE about your videos??? When they are over :( always leave us wanting more. BTW: Love the idea of a build video

Harley

Great episode. Been a subscriber to Mikey for a long time now lol. What were you using to film the FPV v3 from the air? It was getting good footage as well. Also, does anyone know what would be a good platform (plane) for me to get some fast FPV footage but still have it fairly smooth and without vibrations, say like 100km/h to 150km/h?

Great episode. Been a subscriber to Mikey for a long time now lol. What were you using to film the FPV v3 from the air? It was getting good footage as well. Also, does anyone know what would be a good platform (plane) for me to get some fast FPV footage but still have it fairly smooth and without vibrations, say like 100km/h to 150km/h?
It was a GOPRO either a Hero or Hero 2. I personally have the Hero 2. Check out the link, great camera. I have one of these and they are great. By default, you cannot use it to stream video while recording. You have to hack the firmware, and I am not sure of the exact details. This camera was not designed for FPV from the factory, but it sure does a great job.

Probably a flying wing something like this: http://team-blacksheep.com/products/product:3