The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tesseract

Master member
Flew the jet for its final flight and man it was rock solid. Butter smooth. I got it flying absolutely perfect. Did a screaming low pass where I heard the elevator servo strip out. Killed the power and it caught a wing tip. Launched the thing 10+ feet vertical while the plane is completely side ways. When it hit it cartwheeled for awhile and killed her View attachment 201925 View attachment 201926
Glue the rudders to the wings, take off the elevator, flip the tail booms around to the front, refit the elevator, find another place to put the servo, and BOOM you have a new plane

OliverW

Legendary member
You fly just like I do.
1: It flies awesome!
2: A couple crashes in a couple flights and it's time to retire it. :D
It always seem to take one crash to get it flying perfect lol. And then it gets totalled on the second one consistently. My bloody baron lived through one and is still kicking though. Flew three packs on it yesterday. Love how it flies
20210614_172301.jpg

L Edge

Master member
I've given up on complicated builds tbh. I've been having so much fun just building minis. I only end up using 16 parts or so at the max, and can cut it out and build it in an hour and if it isn't an edf, it takes a hit!

Here's my version of the "bobcat" like yours, it is put togeather but requires 6 parts (fuse, 2 struts, horizontal stab,cockpit,balsa bottom ) to be put togeather making it light weight. I have a crappy 5 bladed 64 mm EDF and see what this model can do. To fine tune, added 3 degrees upthrust and 1 degree to the right. Other mods, added gear, prop driven version, my udder rudder, STOL and real high alpha takeoffs and landings, and stability bar for extended flights. Plane will takeoff and approach landing with hand's off elevator and aileron. Control only by throttle management.

Built mine way back (look at transmitter with antenna) and that is my number 1 airplane.
Stick is holding up plane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.