This looks very sketchy

Battery800

Elite member
@fliteadmin @flitetest I found this website that advertises an ft storch sink but it uses terms like “fliteboard pro” instead of maker foam or redi board and I think it says on the bottom that it’s based off the ft plans but modified slightly for Indian materials (I’m guessing it’s Indian). There’s also an entire catalog of other ft planes. I’m not sure if this is an actual distributor or just a Knock off

Maybe they're a legit distributor...?
This shows the Flitetest logo and what appears to be a Flitetest image of a plane.
Mustang-datasheet.jpg

Haha and it's even "CG Balanced"! At no extra charge to you!

b-29er

NOPE. Read the fine print, bottom left.
"This kit is based on the FliteTest plans freely available..."
Surprise, its not legit. then again, the prime distributor of FT models is...AMain in California since the FT store shifted hands. I wouldnt be thrilled if it was my work showing up on an Indian RC website being sold for 2/3 the price of my shop, but then again i don't think the kind folks of India would foot the shipping bill to have a few pieces of foam shipped halfway around the world either (if AMain has that as an option) and there is no option for them to ship to the U.S on that site.

Wait... Is it even legal to sell something like that which is a Flite Test design? Wouldn't that be breaching copyright or whatever they call it?
Its clearly a violation of copyright law, but the better question is who will prosecute it?

BoredGuy

NOPE. Read the fine print, bottom left.
"This kit is based on the FliteTest plans freely available..."
Freely available my @$$, what about them also saying this:
"Plans provided free of charge. Copies allowed for personal use only. Not for commercial use."
Copied/pasted straight from those very same plans, emphasis my own. This seems pretty damn "commercial use" to me.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Not speaking officially for Flite Test, but I do know that they have been aware of Vortex-RC some time now. I sent Josh the link more than 2 years ago. Not only are they stealing the designs, but they are also using the Flite Test logo illegally and linking to the actual Flite Test build videos. They even ripped off my Bloody Baron.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Not speaking officially for Flite Test, but I do know that they have been aware of Vortex-RC some time now. I sent Josh the link more than 2 years ago. Not only are they stealing the designs, but they are also using the Flite Test logo illegally and linking to the actual Flite Test build videos. They even ripped off my Bloody Baron.
Ouch! So you literally can't do anything?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
The more I read about them the more they seem to suck. It isn't just ripping off FT, but they also fly unsafely too. They fly in crowded areas over people and for a company that says they want to get more people into the hobby they sure are bad role models.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
@SP0NZ Flite Test could ask google to delete the Vortex RC website by going to the Google DMCA page. That would only be for Google though. I don't know for Microsoft edge but it would be fairly similar.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'm not sure Vortex-RC does much business outside of India. I do not believe Flite Test does much, if any, business in India either. Would be a significant legal cost to battle, for not much if any gain, in my opinion.