This looks very sketchy

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I'm not sure Vortex-RC does much business outside of India. I do not believe Flite Test does much, if any, business in India either. Would be a significant legal cost to battle, for not much if any gain, in my opinion.

We as a community can always band together and give these companies bad ratings on their product pages, Simply post they are making knock offs of products and at some point all the bad ratings will get them dumped from selling on the amazons of the world.

If we could organize a push to do it to all these scumbag copycats I am sure 500+ negative feed backs on any product in a short time could kill their efforts pretty fast let alone if a bigger part of the entire FT family hits them. Just need to have every one of the stolen products hit en mass to show the unity.

Someone should jump on their faceyspaces and get that ball rolling as well as on the FT fan pages and main page.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
We as a community can always band together and give these companies bad ratings on their product pages, Simply post they are making knock offs of products and at some point all the bad ratings will get them dumped from selling on the amazons of the world.

If we could organize a push to do it to all these scumbag copycats I am sure 500+ negative feed backs on any product in a short time could kill their efforts pretty fast let alone if a bigger part of the entire FT family hits them. Just need to have every one of the stolen products hit en mass to show the unity.

Someone should jump on their faceyspaces and get that ball rolling as well as on the FT fan pages and main page.
Wait, how do you give bad reviews? I can't find the normal google review when I search them up. Or is it on the website...

flyingkelpie

Elite member

Here is one place you can post bad reviews...
1609455390395.png

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Usually there are places on their sales page for feedback like on Amazon or any normal hobby shop on the internet. I constantly get emails to give feedback on stuff I buy from Racedayquads. Yelp, Reddit, Twitter.. you can always make a post and #hashtag@scama$$company and have others look into it I suppose? I don't do social media so I am not exactly sure.

This is about as social as I get on the interwebz.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Here is one place you can post bad reviews...
View attachment 187611

Just left my thoughts there as well. Will be hard for them to influence Google to remove bad reviews. Good start.

Anyone else interested just use google maps and search Vortex-RC India and slide the view over to the pin and do yer thing.

Should probably do the same for Banggood after they scabbed up on the punjet.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Just left my thoughts there as well. Will be hard for them to influence Google to remove bad reviews. Good start.

Anyone else interested just use google maps and search Vortex-RC India and slide the view over to the pin and do yer thing.

Should probably do the same for Banggood after they scabbed up on the punjet.
Nice! Saw your review.

Intashu

Elite member
Just to play the devil's advocate here:

I'm sure if there isn't an overlap in sales there's little reason to pursue this.

Although their advertising is bad I wonder what legal loophole they could attempt to get away with it... like, they're free plans, but what you're paying for is their ability to manufacture and ship the kit, not the plane itself. *technically* you're selling your service and materials, not the product.

I mean the bottom line as spoonz said is, they don't do any real sales in India, so having some other company there doing the sales isn't any real competition issues.

Now granted they're using permissions they shouldn't be without having asked, and ensured they're not misleading customers to think this is something it isn't. And using these planes in a dangerous manner will only emphasis laws AGAINST the use of such hobbies being permitted anywhere.

In short, unless there is an overlap in sales and distribution, or this knockoff hobby company becomes a issue for Flitetest optically/publicly I can't imagine they'd pursue or care about it much.

Now if their plans are being used in a dangerous way and it gains attention online that "anyone can build a airplane to cause injury or danger to others" THEN I forsee them pursuing this because it becomes a risk to their business bottom end.

Stress Test

Just to play the devil's advocate here:

I'm sure if there isn't an overlap in sales there's little reason to pursue this.

Although their advertising is bad I wonder what legal loophole they could attempt to get away with it... like, they're free plans, but what you're paying for is their ability to manufacture and ship the kit, not the plane itself. *technically* you're selling your service and materials, not the product.

I mean the bottom line as spoonz said is, they don't do any real sales in India, so having some other company there doing the sales isn't any real competition issues.

Now granted they're using permissions they shouldn't be without having asked, and ensured they're not misleading customers to think this is something it isn't. And using these planes in a dangerous manner will only emphasis laws AGAINST the use of such hobbies being permitted anywhere.

In short, unless there is an overlap in sales and distribution, or this knockoff hobby company becomes a issue for Flitetest optically/publicly I can't imagine they'd pursue or care about it much.

Now if their plans are being used in a dangerous way and it gains attention online that "anyone can build a airplane to cause injury or danger to others" THEN I forsee them pursuing this because it becomes a risk to their business bottom end.

I disagree. Theft is theft.

If people held other people accountable instead of turning a blind eye or saying it doesn't affect me so its not a problem the world would be a better place in the long run.

Yes in the short term it's tough and not easy, I know, I've had to call people out.

It was part of my job to catch cheaters as a teaching assistant in college. When 6 or more people in group turned in the EXACT same program, and there where 3 or 4 groups in the same class, there is problem.

The sad part is they hurt themselves. I was an undergrad grading graduate students.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Well on the bright side they do have a few (possibly but probably not so I guess it is not on the bright side) original models.