Tiger 2 build log

gabrielete

At last, I have finished this plane!! Yaaaaaaaaayyy!!!

happy happy happy.

Covered with oracover the fuselage:
IMG_20160110_210320722.jpg

Again I tried to glue the rudder as squared as i could, but... I don't know what happened again...
IMG_20160111_242539288_HDR.jpg

Install the engine:
IMG_20160112_245016111.jpg

Finish the wings, installing the servos and covering the backside of the wings with more balsa
IMG_20160113_225114213.jpg

Install the inside electronics, servos, oracover the wings.... and finished:
IMG_20160114_122649732.jpg

:)

Last friday I just made the break in process to the engine. On saturday I was just running with the plane on the ground and adjusting the front wheel... and ... last sunday:

THE MAIDEN:

The take off:

The landing:

Everything went perfect. I had to trim the plane becouse of some imperfections, but the result is great. It's simply the easiest plane I have ever flown in my life.
I'm really really really happy.

Last edited:

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Sweet! It may not be perfect, but there is so much more satisfaction from actually building a plane then you'd get from simply assembling it. What is your next build? :)

gabrielete

@Joker 53150 I totally agree with you. Scratch builded planes may not be perfect, but give much more satisfaction and happiness.
I hope one day I'll be as good as you. I'm impressed with your builds!

My next project would be fixing two crashed planes the owners gave me just becouse they believe in my hands they'll see them flying again. So I owe them that ...

@Notnewton Please post some pics of your building, I'd love to see them

Last edited:

Notnewton

Unknown Low wing.jpg
@Notnewton Please post some pics of your building, I'd love to see them

I have no idea of what model this is, but it is similar to the Tiger 2. This is what The ARF I was given looked like. The parts not in the photo were damaged and need recovered/repaired.
At this point all I have done is removed the covering and cut a hatch to have access for batteries & electronics. after seeing yours before covering I may also cut some lightening holes in the aft fuselage. I'll have to get some additional pictures of the current state to share.

Notnewton

gabrielete

@notnewton Very nice. The fuselage seems shorter and the wing chord seems shorter too. I think that plane must be for more advanced pilots than the Tiger. Goog luck with the reconstruction and keep us informed! :)

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
It was the origional high wing model... My first balsa build ever. I was 16 i think in this pic. Probibly 1997., image.jpg

gabrielete

What happened?

I was tired, not enough sleep. I wasn't doing anything dangerous. I did close turn too close and flipped the plane and had no time to recover. I was afraid, I almost hit a car. Wings are well, and the engine doesn't look bad on the inside.... so the most important things were saved.