VR-1.1 Lutra - My First Design (second now) - Build Log

Timmy

Legendary member
Here's a three view of what I got so far:
2020-09-01 14_21_29-VR-1 Three View.svg - Inkscape.png

Timmy

Legendary member
and with such v-shape at trailing edge, you need make either a y-shaped pushrod,or two servos for the elevator function.
ooh I hadn't though of that :unsure: I'll figure out some kind of Y push rod. If not I'll make it less swept back

Timmy

Legendary member
Second dilemma:
The fuselage is too wide and doesn't fit flat on one piece of foam. I need to make it thinner but then it starts to look funky.

Timmy

Legendary member
Currently I have a foam box spar running through the middle of me wing which is 1.3 meters long. Is just that foam spar enough to keep the wings from snapping?

Timmy

Legendary member
I've just printed the nose and part of one wing out and realised I'm making something the size of the guinea pig which is huge for me. I don't know if I shoulf contine or try and make it smaller.

Ranger_107

Elite member
I've just printed the nose and part of one wing out and realised I'm making something the size of the guinea pig which is huge for me. I don't know if I shoulf contine or try and make it smaller.
CONTINUE!!! you could put the wing on 2 hinges on the wing to make it foldable and lockable