World's Largest Foamy!?

Abby Normal

Mentor
Teach,
We have alot of experience doing RC things. What we do best is coming up with our own designs and attepting things unknown to us. That is where the fun/wow factor is to us. With any sport or hobby keeping it exciting is the challenge to longevity in staying with it. Thus we are called Team Abby Normal... As far as the Big Foamy concept it began with our club hosting a large event this year called Spadfest. If you are not familuar with Spads they are planes made from Coroplast plastic sheets. These planes are very durable and are the electric/foam concept but with coro/glow fuel or gas. They can be simple to build as foam, inexpensive like foam but allow the builder to be as complex as they want. Anyway love Spads and love foam... So with being lucky enough to host a event as large as Spadfest with people that will attend from around the world and have already set a standard with this group as being over the top/crazy whichever. I had to have a plane that was inspiring to all, had to be different, of course big, but more than anything be a part of Spadfest to make it more exciting if even possible. To which the concept of this plane developed to what it is today. It is so big it really won't have a long life if it needs to reside here forever. Even now we don't know if it will be a success or not. So with that I can truly say as of now its built only for that weekend, it will need to find a storage spot later or be torn down after the event so that it's important parts can live on in another plane later. As I have said before it is the build and the successful flight that fuels my heart and the thought of repeating it again in another build.

earthsciteach

I can respect that! And I have a Coroplast Cub kit sitting in a box in my basement. Its not big, as it flies on a 0.40 engine, but I've had it for years. I just have to build it!

fred0000

lookin great, that hotwire clip at the end was awesome, glad you guy got that on video, good job to all of you.

earthsciteach

She looks like a PA-20 Pacer! I'm a huge fan of the Pacer and Tri-Pacer. Here's a pic of a real beauty.

Looking forward to seeing the maiden on video. Oh, and that Golden Retriever would look really awesome sitting in the cabin with a pair of goggles and a silk scarf! :D

Attachments

• DSCF3561.JPG
    DSCF3561.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

Abby Normal

Mentor
THANKS guys! it looks great and balances out really good. I was really nervous it was going to be ugly but it was almost right on! You know after the very first walk around yesterday we all said at the same time...This thing looks like a Tri-Pacer! How funny that was nearly the first comment too. Glad you enjoyed the hot wire clip of our learning experience. And for covering, what you see is what you get. No one would believe its all foam it wasn't pink...gotta love pink

Thanks for all the support because this plane is for all you believers

Fishbonez

Looks great even with out the cowl. I saw some scales and while you were doing some throttle test looked as if someone was taking a measurement. Any info from these?