Help! Elevator/H. Stab repair with CF strips - anyone tried this or similar repair?

One side of the horizontal stabilizer on my newly built Cruiser (Tigger Twin) folded and the elevator ripped in the middle. No crash prior (or after). Landed with half an elevator and a flapping H. Stab! :) I think there may have been a weak line in the foaboard, or the sheer speed of turbulent air over the empennage that caused the foam board to fail.
My current plan is to insert a carbon fiber strip 1mm x 3mm into both the elevator and the H. Stab. Anyone ever try such a thing with success. The plan at this point is to use normal hi temp hot glue (minimal) to glue the CF strips into cuts I'll make into the foam board. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I can't think of a better way, (or method with less weight added to the tail). Thanks!
IMG_5307.png
IMG_5308.png

whackflyer

Master member
Should work fine as long as you watch your CG. First thing I saw was the Tundy in the background. I love mine!

Should work fine as long as you watch your CG. First thing I saw was the Tundy in the background. I love mine!
Thank you whack... I have a lot of fun with the scratch builds, but I have to admit, the Tundra is one of the best flying planes out there. Yes, I'm a stickler for CG being right. That is why I'm really worried about how much weight I add to the tail. I've already got some lead in the nose to balance out ole Tigger, so if I have to add another 50 cal round ball I will. :)

Bricks

Master member
Instead of Hot glue use foam safe CA or other type of glue the carbon fiber itself will not add much weight.