F4U Black Corsair

richb2599

I kept reading these threads and could not figure it out! heheh, I thought it was a vertical belt sander or something, a fixture to press the foam against while turning it. Lathe style. It seemed too smooth to be done by hand. Kudos on the result.

It's really not difficult. That stuff is really easy to work with.

richb2599

rich do you thik this will fly using a 10x7,2 blade prop?

As you know a lot depends on your choice of motor. I'm using a power 10 size motor which has good power. I've tried several props including 3 blade 11x7, 4 blade 10x8, 2 blade 12x6 and 11x8. They all worked ok but I would like to get more speed. It just isn't as fast as the store bought corsair. I'm going to try 4-cell lipo if it will fit in the battery compartment. Your plane will fly with the 10x7 but performance might be lacking.

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
rich do you thik this will fly using a 10x7,2 blade prop?

If you are planing to put the tacon bigfoot 10 on 4s in the corsair. A 10 in prop will work with more power then you will ever need. But you will need a aluminum or carbon spar for the wing cause even with a 10x7 youll fold the wings. And if you step up to the 10x10 just make sure you can handle speed. Now its not going to push over 100 maybe less on the 10x10 do to the wide fuse drag and the thick wing but you will have enough prop. and some fast speeds with that setup

richb2599

If you are planing to put the tacon bigfoot 10 on 4s in the corsair. A 10 in prop will work with more power then you will ever need. But you will need a aluminum or carbon spar for the wing cause even with a 10x7 youll fold the wings. And if you step up to the 10x10 just make sure you can handle speed. Now its not going to push over 100 maybe less on the 10x10 do to the wide fuse drag and the thick wing but you will have enough prop. and some fast speeds with that setup

Jayz, this is the motor I have. http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=V450327&pid=B1858544
Not as big as the one you mentioned but still plenty of power. Thanks for the heads up on the 4-cell set up.

viggen

im trying to put the wings together..they are the same angle.yet when i add the center peace,one wing angle is way out..i need to redo the center peace,i could be wrong but i think it would of been a good idea to make the spar 1 long peace.

anyone got any pics of how they have connected the elevator together?
also where they have put the control horns in the rear section.

the fusalage has gone together with no problems

viggen

all sorted.the trick is put the balsa spars in first,and align the wings,glue.then add foamboard.easy when you know how.lol

Alp

viggen: "anyone got any pics of how they have connected the elevator together?"

Sorry for late answer :)
They have connected with 'u' shape steel wire: Here is link.

Alp

Friends, sorry for late reply,

viggen; said:
you mean the leading edge of the wings? where are you chaps mounting your RX?
Yes, leading edge of the main wings and i am mounting rx into to powerpod.

It's made of 2 inch thick pink foam. You cut the diameter and then round the edges to the way you like.

I am using 1 inch thick pink foam.

viggen

just needs one more coat of paint then varnish...i love the look of this plane.cant wait to get it in the air..just waiting on my tacon motor to arive