Foamboard F-22 EDF

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Yeah, thanks. I didn't have a gold spray paint on hand. But the dollar store fancy duct tape had a similar effect. I like it too.

Mermster

Quick question here, since I'm not 100% sure on building this. On the parts that are marked remove paper, is that on both sides? I've got all the pieces cut out in my garage, just unsure of this bit.
I built 3 or 4 ft-viggens a few years ago, but can't remember pulling any of the paper off. Other thing I picked up from my viggen bulids that I'm not sure is required here, would it be good to run a skewer down the length of the 50% cuts, to help with folding?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Quick question here, since I'm not 100% sure on building this. On the parts that are marked remove paper, is that on both sides? I've got all the pieces cut out in my garage, just unsure of this bit.
I built 3 or 4 ft-viggens a few years ago, but can't remember pulling any of the paper off. Other thing I picked up from my viggen bulids that I'm not sure is required here, would it be good to run a skewer down the length of the 50% cuts, to help with folding?
Only remove paper on the side that says remove paper so you only be removing one layer. Yeah I run a skewer along the 50% cuts to help make folding easier.

Timmy

Legendary member
I was going to do this:
P1140830.JPG

(each square is 5 cm)
But then my dad said that he doesn't like that plane. I should do that griffy guy's plane.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
So what is the recommended launch for this? mine doesn't have enough power for a gentle launch.

This is my second flight... wish the battery alarm weren't set so low.

the Third... didn't allow me to get my hands on the sticks. hand launches aren't my friend.
Great flying!! I’ve had the best success launching it like an FT arrow. I’ll launch at a 20 degree angle or so and that’s been consistently good for me so far.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
So what is the recommended launch for this? mine doesn't have enough power for a gentle launch.

the Third... didn't allow me to get my hands on the sticks. hand launches aren't my friend.
If you've got a hi-start or some bungee cord laying around, you could make something like this

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Nice save - looks like it was flying well once you had it in the air!

Sero

Elite member
So in December I ordered a 50mm EDF for this plane from Banggood, finally got it, seems I ordered the 3s version... will it still work? Edit* Found the spec, apparently 650grams, should be ok.
Also have the parts for a TimSav needle cutter coming and on the Facebook group somebody shared the G-code files for this plane.

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
So in December I ordered a 50mm EDF for this plane from Banggood, finally got it, seems I ordered the 3s version... will it still work? Edit* Found the spec, apparently 650grams, should be ok.
Also have the parts for a TimSav needle cutter coming and on the Facebook group somebody shared the G-code files for this plane.
Yeah that should be enough, build very light and use a high C battery and it should feel the same as a 4s powered plane.