FS-i6s, Jumper T16, FRsky X-lite

Wildthing

Legendary member
I spent a bit of time tidying up the OTX file for the DLG - I tidied up the mixing to remove duplicate lines that mostly affect the ailerons and grouped them in sub-channels - this has the effect of reducing inputs if adjustments are required. I could have used some global variables to drive the weights but opted to keep everting on one screen for now.

I have included my OTX file if you want to review the functionality - there are special functions and voice calls setup that interact with the mixer screen.

Basically SE in the down position after launch puts the glider into the regular flight modes (non-launch modes).

The throttle stick drives the flaps (I have the throttle reversed) - up is fast and down is slow (flaps on).

CH11 for the ailerons and CH13 for the elevator drive all the trim settings for all the flight modes.

CH9 is a subchannel of CH11 which controls the reflex and camber and can be adjusted with T5 (trim switch 5).

CH7 is for activating the snap flaps.

CH15 is for adjusting the aileron differential from 0 - 50% using the S1 knob

View attachment 160654
Well on my current dlg I won't be able to use it because my aileron servos are Y'd together, pretty sure anyways but it has been a while since I looked at it. Now possibly what you are using the throttle for maybe moved to a slider switch I could use it on the Joker glider, I need the throttle as throttle because it does have a motor.

happyface838

Bracesport, I am following this thread with interest as I have been using a Flysky i10 (well turnigy, but same, same) for the past 7 years or so and I do like it. But, recently I have been experiencing poor centering of the rudder and think that the pot has finally gone bad. Replacing the gimbal is not an option but I would like a radio that is compatible with my (don't tell my wife) 20 or so flysky receivers and the T16 seems too good to be true.
What range are you getting using the flysky protocol?
Is the telemetry also compatible (I also have a sailplane with multiple wing control settings and voltage/ altimeter)?

Boberticus

Ive been drooling over a T16 for quite some time, ive been doing some research making sure i can bind my multiples of my recievers (IA6A, IA6B, IA10B, FS6xB, FS8XB), and finally decided im going to get one, but Grayson Hobby has been fully selling out shipments before they come in since December... i need to just break down and prepay on back-order, but i hate doing that , especially now when supply from china has become so convoluted.

This is a computerized radio, you gotta look at this thing like your buying a computer, the T16 is just hardware, the software its running is the OpenTX operating system...

As far as im aware, flysky all use either AFHDS or AFHDS-2A protocol for communication, and Open TX is capable of talking to these, supposedly with telemetry only on receivers with AFHDS-2A. all those transmitters i listed are AFHDS-2a, and most you will find nowadays are too, the other version is the older protocol.

a AFHDS-2A receiver also can bind to multiple radios, and apparently supports Master/Slave from separate OpenTX transmitters, its like trainer mode but without a cable.

Heres a vid where they bind a T16 to an IA6B, he goes through the steps to disable telemetry, but apparently that's no longer necessary, its a old issue that's been fixed by a recent update.

bracesport

Legendary member
I love the T16 - it is good value for the functionality it provides - it easily works with my Flysky and FRsky RXs - I have an early model with the external 4 in 1 multimodule, but the new one has an internal multimodule and hall sensors for $150!

I got mine from the Makerfire online shop in China.

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
Here is the Jumper T16 Manual and also check out the invaluable OTX tips from RCsoar

I set up my first model using the T16 manual on the Tx, but that was before I got into 'companion' - use it, you will love it!

Attachments

• Jumper T16 EN Manual 1.0.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: FDS

happyface838

Should be here tomorrow, before my batteries lol.
Is there a specific type or maximum size SD card for this transmitter, I have read that the supplied one is a bit suspect?

happyface838

Hi all, what a learning curve! lol
My jumper was shipped with openTX installed (v2.3.5 dated Jan 2020) and I notice from the openTX site that there is 2.3.7 available. I appreciate that the firmware relates to many manufacturers (being open source), where would I find if it contains updates that would benefit me (or the jumper). I'm reluctant to update, just for the sake of it.
Thanks in advance

Bricks

Master member
Me personally never update anything working as it should unless there is something I need in the update, I believe leave well enough alone, just because there is a update available does not mean it will work better.

happyface838

Me personally never update anything working as it should unless there is something I need in the update, I believe leave well enough alone, just because there is a update available does not mean it will work better.
If it ain't broke......
I'm a big fan of that ethos, just needed confirmation as the notification starts as 'bugfix for 2.3.6......' where 2.3.6 was a bugfix for 2.3.5....