FS-i6s, Jumper T16, FRsky X-lite

happyface838

I am on 2.3.5 (stable update) and have seen no reason to up from there yet! :D
Thanks, I’ll just leave it be for now then. Bound to one of my IA6b flysky receivers and range checked, 35 paces in check mode and rssi still reading 78. Ready for check flight tomorrow hopefully.

daxian

Elite member
hi all ....
i run a qx7 with a multi 4 in 1 module ...as i have 40 or so ia6 rx's and only 6 frsky rx's !!!
thing is, i find the module/qx7 loses the bind to the ia6 rx's...does any one else have that problem ??
or does the t16 have that problem ??.
haveing to check /rebind almost every time with the ia6 rx's...gets annoying !!

happyface838

hi all ....
i run a qx7 with a multi 4 in 1 module ...as i have 40 or so ia6 rx's and only 6 frsky rx's !!!
thing is, i find the module/qx7 loses the bind to the ia6 rx's...does any one else have that problem ??
or does the t16 have that problem ??.
haveing to check /rebind almost every time with the ia6 rx's...gets annoying !!
No issue with losing bind for my 20 something ia6a, ia6b or ia10 receivers. You need to make sure that you change the ‘receiver number’ for each model you create, otherwise you will lose your previous model bind when you bind each subsequent model.

daxian

Elite member
hi guys ....
thanks for the input ,think it maybe my system then ,every rx has its own number in the tx ....@bracesport ...not sure mine has that function, will have to have a look see

happyface838

Following the ribbon cable debacle (although I haven't had an issue, apart from a switch warning after model profile save, which fixed itself) I have bitten the bullet and ordered a t18. Must admit I am a little nervous as it is an unknown quantity. When setting up radio profiles in OTX companion, what shall I select?
Will the T16 profile work with the T18?
Will I be able to upload my model settings to the new radio (I get that it is open source, but I'm still really new to this)?
I have heard that 2.4 will support the touch screen, any ideas when it's release is likely?

bracesport

Legendary member
This is a great setup tutorial for a DLG - it is for a Taranis, but OTX is OTX.

I am currently setting up my 'Fusion' sloper that I have been restoring and given I am incorporating flaperons for brakes on the throttle I am using ideas from this tutorial - the beauty is in the use of curves in the outputs for centre alignment and end points that ensures the flaperons track equally without messing with the inputs and mixing - I will follow up with video in the 'Fusion' thread. :p

Attachments

• TaranisForDLG.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 0

bracesport

Legendary member
This is my 'Fusion' OTX file as it stands - curves used to centre and adjust limits of servos in the outputs.

Four flight modes - normal/camber/reflex/landing - camber and reflex adjustable on T5 (same trim switch seperate flight modes).
Flaperons - flaps on reversed throttle stick (stick up for no flaps).
Ailerons - 3 rates (separate from elevator).
Elevator - 3 rates (separate from ailerons).
Snap flaps - ailerons work is tandem with elevator to increase pitch efficiency.
Differential - adjustable from zero to 50%

Attachments

• fusion.otx.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 0

happyface838

Just received my t18 pro this afternoon, must say it's a bit of an anticlimax. I may have been expecting too much but the quality of the roller wheel and switch gear is sadly lacking. It is difficult to navigate using the wheel as it doesn't want to stop where you want to (seems to be between corresponding items on the screen and a push click can sent it a further 2-3 in either direction)
Serial number is 307 so may be that this is an early production model that has yet to have issues rectified. The way I feel, I'm thinking of sticking with the T16 pro......

happyface838

very interested in your glider setup, I have a powered glider that has many mixes on my old turnigy tx that I would like to transpose onto the jumper.
Butterfly/ crow brakes, spoilers, flaps, 4 aileron mode (uses spoiler/flaps to mimic the ailerons) separate conditions for thermal, landing, acro. Also has a flysky vario but I doubt that this can be utilised with the jumper.