FS-i6s, Jumper T16, FRsky X-lite

Wildthing

Legendary member
I just always have, trip or anything stupid like that plus even when going out to retrieve your plane I don't have to set my tx down in the mud .

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well I think I have my T16 tray all designed :) , now to print and see if it actually fits. :)

Jumper T16 Cradle 1.jpg
Jumper T16 Cradle 2.jpg
View attachment
Jumper T16 Cradle 4.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
that looks great. I bought a 3d printer instead of the t16 so it is a bit further down my list now but will get it eventually so this will be good to see how it works :)
I have a similar tray that I designed for my FlySky TX , not only is it my camera mount but with the double lanyard setup if I let my tx go it hangs straight down and not spinning around like a top as with the single hook from the center. Also reaching for trim buttons the lanyard isn't in your way.

Wildthing

Legendary member
2 pieces printed and so far it looks like it is going to fit. Have to go find some screws the right length now :)

2020_0114_092325_001.JPG
2020_0114_092427_002.JPG
2020_0114_092440_003.JPG
2020_0114_092513_004.JPG
2020_0114_092546_005.JPG

bracesport

Legendary member
Recently I have been flying (or trying to fly) my DLG which has been documented in my other threads - but needless to say, I love it!

The OTX is awesome and at the moment I have been modifying the programming to suit the DLG - the rates and expo are gone (for now) and I have extended the sticks (and will look to stiffen the centre springs) - there are three main flight modes (normal, speed, and thermal) - normal has the ailerons flat - speed has some reflex in the ailerons - thermal has some camber in the ailerons.

I still have snap flaps which allow the glider to rotate through the centre axis for faster turns, and flaps on the throttle lever (with elevator compensation) for braking.

The main project at the moment is the launch mode - during the rotate, the glider has some aileron camber and up trim to propel the glider into an upward angle - once released a switch (usually a momentary switch) is released putting the glider into a fast climb using some reflex and sometimes some right rudder to counter yaw off of the launch - then at the bunt over the down elevator automatically triggers the flight mode of your choice.

The problem is this needs to be programmed!

I decided to add some launch modes that transition through the three phases (launch, climb, and fly) - launch is on a two-position switch in the up position with the camber and elevator settings - the climb is triggered by the two-position switch in the down position - the fly cancels the climb when the special function sees the down elevator >20 deg and reverts the flight mode to your chosen mode (normal, speed, or thermal).

Blow me down it works!

The way it works is cool - I use logical switches to do the work - L05 sees the two-position switch in the down position transition from launch to climb - L06 locks the flight mode in climb until L07 sees the down elevator momentarily shifting to fly and reverting to your chosen mode (normal, speed, or thermal).

I have also shown the mixing screen with the use of 'max' variables that control the camber, reflex, and flat ailerons for the fly mode transition.

The flight mode for launch is triggered by Switch-F in the up position, whereas the flight mode for the climb is triggered by L06 and the fly transition is triggered by L07.

I just love the power of OTX - the proof will be in the flying! :D

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 6.25.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 9.33.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 6.25.19 PM.png

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Recently I have been flying (or trying to fly) my DLG which has been documented in my other threads - but needless to say, I love it!

The OTX is awesome and at the moment I have been modifying the programming to suit the DLG - the rates and expo are gone (for now) and I have extended the sticks (and will look to stiffen the centre springs) - the are three main flight modes (normal, speed, and thermal) - normal has the ailerons flat - speed has some reflex in the ailerons - thermal has some camber in the ailerons.

I still have snap flaps which allow the glider to rotate through the centre axis for faster turns, and flaps on the throttle lever (with elevator compensation) for braking.

The main project at the moment is the launch mode - during the rotate, the glider has some aileron camber and up trim to propel the glider into an upward angle - once released a switch (usually a momentary switch) is released putting the glider into a fast climb using some reflex and sometimes some right rudder to counter yaw off of the launch - then at the bunt over the down elevator automatically triggers the flight mode of your choice.

The problem is this needs to be programmed!

I decided to add some launch modes that transition through the three phases (launch, climb, and fly) - launch is on a two-position switch in the up position with the camber and elevator settings - the climb is triggered by the two-position switch in the down position - the fly cancels the climb when the special function sees the down elevator >20 deg and reverts the flight mode to your chosen mode (normal, speed, or thermal).

Blow me down it works!

The way it works is cool - I use logical switches to do the work - L05 sees the two-position switch in the down position transition from launch to climb - L06 locks the flight mode in climb until L07 sees the down elevator momentarily shifting to fly and reverting to your chosen mode (normal, speed, or thermal).

I have also shown the mixing screen with the use of 'max' variables that control the camber, reflex, and flat ailerons for the fly mode transition.

The flight mode for launch is triggered by Switch-F in the up position, whereas the flight mode for the climb is triggered by L06 and the fly transition is triggered by L07.

I just love the power of OTX - the proof will be in the flying! :D

View attachment 160221

View attachment 160223

View attachment 160222
After I have a couple pots of coffee I will try bending my brain and reading all those mixes :)

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - here is a video of the modes for the DLG - the SF switch is the two-position switch on the top back corner and is easy to toggle during launch - I also changed the 'fly' mode to 'level' on the Tx voice call out. :D

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
there is a small error in the programme (corrected now) - I was pulling the elevator up instead of down at the high point of the climb to level out - Rookie error! :D

bracesport

Legendary member
this is a better launch set up to achieve what I want with the switches I have!

back story - previously I was using the SF (two-position switch) and it was all working fine until I realised there was a bug - the switch that transitioned me from the climb mode back to the normal flight mode was still active, meaning that when flying in (for example) thermal mode and the elevator saw > -20 the transition would be activated again automatically pushing the glider out of thermal mode back into normal mode and then back into thermal mode - it would all happen in less than a second, but a bug is a bug and it needed to be squashed!

after many attempts, I ditched the two-position switch and had an idea to use SE (the three-position switch in the front top left corner) - my idea was to use SE in the down position to activate the regular flight modes for the ailerons and elevator cancelling the launch modes by excluding them from the regular flight modes.

to achieve this I used SE in the up position to activate the launch mode and the middle position of SE to trigger the climb - the beauty is that you can switch from up to down passing over the middle position which latches (using logical switches) onto the climb mode waiting for the elevator to pass through >-20 - when it does, the glider automatically transitions to whatever regular flight mode is set!

the first three images show my launch flight modes (launch, climb, and level) - note the switches that trigger each one.

the 4th image shows the logical switches for the clever stuff - L06 turns on the climb mode after launch release and is waiting for L07 (which includes L08) to turn it off - L07 becomes true when the elevator is > -20 (shows as +20 but my elevator servo is reversed) and it sees SE in the middle position - L08 triggers the transition to the regular flight modes - this transition can happen in the SE down position as the logical switch is still true - if I do not use the AND command in L08 the auto function remains active - this way it only works once per launch.

the 5th image is an example of the aileron flight modes that are triggered by SE in the down position - note that the three launch modes are excluded.

it works (and I think that is how it works)! :D

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 8.18.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 8.18.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 8.18.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 9.16.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 8.17.44 PM.png

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
this is a better launch set up to achieve what I want with the switches I have!

back story - previously I was using the SF (two-position switch) and it was all working fine until I realised there was a bug - the switch that transitioned me from the climb mode back to the normal flight mode was still active, meaning that when flying in (for example) thermal mode and the elevator saw > -20 the transition would be activated again automatically pushing the glider out of thermal mode back into normal mode and then back into thermal mode - it would all happen in less than a second, but a bug is a bug and it needed to be squashed!

after many attempts, I ditched the two-position switch and had an idea to use SE (the three-position switch in the front top left corner) - my idea was to use SE in the down position to activate the regular flight modes for the ailerons and elevator cancelling the launch modes by excluding them from the regular flight modes.

to achieve this I used SE in the up position to activate the launch mode and the middle position of SE to trigger the climb - the beauty is that you can switch from up to down passing over the middle position which latches (using logical switches) onto the climb mode waiting for the elevator to pass through >-20 - when it does, the glider automatically transitions to whatever regular flight mode is set!

the first three images show my launch flight modes (launch, climb, and level) - note the switches that trigger each one.

the 4th image shows the logical switches for the clever stuff - L06 turns on the climb mode after launch release and is waiting for L07 (which includes L08) to turn it off - L07 becomes true when the elevator is > -20 (shows as +20 but my elevator servo is reversed) and it sees SE in the middle position - L08 triggers the transition to the regular flight modes - this transition can happen in the SE down position as the logical switch is still true - if I do not use the AND command in L08 the auto function remains active - this way it only works once per launch.

the 5th image is an example of the aileron flight modes that are triggered by SE in the down position - note that the three launch modes are excluded.

it works (and I think that is how it works)! :D

View attachment 160395 View attachment 160396 View attachment 160397 View attachment 160407 View attachment 160399
That's a load of programming for a 30 second flight :) .
You keep working the bugs out, all I need is the working file :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bracesport

Legendary member
I spent a bit of time tidying up the OTX file for the DLG - I tidied up the mixing to remove duplicate lines that mostly affect the ailerons and grouped them in sub-channels - this has the effect of reducing inputs if adjustments are required. I could have used some global variables to drive the weights but opted to keep everting on one screen for now.

I have included my OTX file if you want to review the functionality - there are special functions and voice calls setup that interact with the mixer screen.

Basically SE in the down position after launch puts the glider into the regular flight modes (non-launch modes).

The throttle stick drives the flaps (I have the throttle reversed) - up is fast and down is slow (flaps on).

CH11 for the ailerons and CH13 for the elevator drive all the trim settings for all the flight modes.

CH9 is a subchannel of CH11 which controls the reflex and camber and can be adjusted with T5 (trim switch 5).

CH7 is for activating the snap flaps.

CH15 is for adjusting the aileron differential from 0 - 50% using the S1 knob

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 6.23.44 PM.png

Attachments

• DLG-bracesport.otx.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: