Mighty Mini Vampire (Fighter Jet)

Odds are, it will be a pile of foam...I'm somewhat new to this having only gotten into it in this past October. But I love speed. I've tried slow planes and really only enjoy them on a nice wind less sunset carrying the go pro. I built a mini arrow with the 2306 on 4s and that's when I had my first real success with speed. Haven't radared it but its fast.

With the arrow, it took 3 airframes for me to get used to going fast

Last edited:

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Here are some photos from last summer when I was testing the Vampire with Tom Stanton.
Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 12.07.21.jpg

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 12.08.01.jpg

Flypast.
Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 12.08.21.jpg

Hitting the tree.
Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 12.08.35.jpg

Successfully flying beneath the branches.
Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 12.09.06.jpg

Here are some photos from last summer when I was testing the Vampire with Tom Stanton.
View attachment 127388
View attachment 127389

Flypast.
View attachment 127390

Hitting the tree.
View attachment 127391

Successfully flying beneath the branches.
View attachment 127392

Its a beautiful plane! My dads a WW2 aviation buff, so I just keep calling him and asking what plane I should build next, and this is on his list, we watched the video of the larger one and were blown away at how such a simple design can look and fly so good. As I'm writing this, a v-22 osprwy is flying overhead! I'm a heavy equipment operator and today I'm working right next to Northrup Gruman down here in Jacksonville florida SO COOL

bennmar02

I’am
Hi James,

I would love to give this mighty mini vampire a go but your 1.1 plans are in PNG picture format which I'm finding really difficult to print as the file doesn't have a size as such - just a number of pixels wide/tall. Would you be able to save as a PDF so scaling is preserved?

Caroline
I’am facing the same problem, is it possible to publish tiled A4 plans of 1.1 version? Would be great!
Mark

IcedStorm777

I am gonna use a 3s 850 battery, a 30 ESC and a 2207, 1700kv motor, I am hoping to be able to go REALLY fast but also be able to slow down to a decently low speed. If this is the hope and electronics what prop should i use/ will be able to fit between the booms. A 5.5 x 4.5e, a 6.5 x 6, a 5x4 four blade prop or a different prop unmentioned? Thanks!