Mini FT Flyer

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Can you post some more pictures of the bottom of the plane? I'm trying to figure out the A/B folds and how it all fits together...

Flyingshark

Master member
Can you post some more pictures of the bottom of the plane? I'm trying to figure out the A/B folds and how it all fits together...
Sure!
The power pod is an A-fold, as is the rear fuse. You can just follow the build video Josh did for the original Flyer.

Pics:
Rear fuse section:
IMG_0235.jpeg

IMG_0240.jpeg

IMG_0242.jpeg

Power pod:
IMG_0222.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

Use packing tape to hold the firewall on, even though that close-up doesn't show it. Since there isn't much contact area for the hot glue to hold it on, the tape is even more important.

Last edited:

Flyingshark

Master member
More flight videos!
I had it balancing tail-heavy for this set of flights, but it was super fun!

@The Hangar + anyone who builds this -- Definitely add some right thrust angle! It isn't on the plans (yet) but it really would have helped this plane a lot.

I broke my last 6x3 prop on the final flight, though. (After that hover/torque roll thing) :( No more flying until I can get some more.

Flyingshark

Master member
Ok, it turns out I lied about the "last prop" thing. I found two more 6x3s hiding in a drawer. :eek:

It flies MUCH better with the CG where it's meant to be. (a little nose-down when balancing on the CG marks.) Having it be tail heavy just makes it more difficult to fly. Besides, I managed to do some loops with the forward CG!!!!! :D

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
More flight videos!
I had it balancing tail-heavy for this set of flights, but it was super fun!

@The Hangar + anyone who builds this -- Definitely add some right thrust angle! It isn't on the plans (yet) but it really would have helped this plane a lot.

I broke my last 6x3 prop on the final flight, though. (After that hover/torque roll thing) :( No more flying until I can get some more.
I’m actually doing a little “finalization” to the plans, so I’ll add a couple degrees of right thrust to the power pod.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Sure if you search up hatch extension for inkscape you will find a eggbot machine thing where you can download a hatch extension to fill areas just Google how to install the extensions and then you should be able to fill using hatch fill I will send some screen shots

GrizWiz

Elite member
Sure if you search up hatch extension for inkscape you will find a eggbot machine thing where you can download a hatch extension to fill areas just Google how to install the extensions and then you should be able to fill using hatch fill I will send some screen shots
First go Here then download this file hatchpage1.PNG
extract the contents then copy them except for the fonts folder hatchpage4.PNG

then go into inkscape click on the edit tab at the top then click preferences at the bottom of the drop down menu hatchreal3.PNG
click system and then click user extensions

once the folder is open paste the files you copied into the folder hatchreal4.PNG

close out of inkscape then reopen it, once you click on the extensions tab you should see egg bot click on it then click on hatch fill here are my settings hatchsettings.PNG

hope this helps!

Flyingshark

Master member
Cool, thanks!!

I just did all that. It worked pretty well, but I couldn't find the preferences menu on my Mac with Inkscape 1.0. I went into Finder and searched for "extensions" and found Inkscape's folder and then did the rest of your instructions. I haven't tested it, but EggBot shows up in the extensions dropdown.

GrizWiz

Elite member
You can also look at the settings photo I sent! You can use also just plain stripes for bevels too!

Flyingshark

Master member
This works really well! All I had to do was set the stroke to the color I wanted, then choose the style that makes the stroke blank, and I end up with this! I went with 37px spacing.
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.14.19.png

Thanks, @GrizWiz !

Flyingshark

Master member
And the plans are done! None of the shapes of the parts have been changed, I just redid the layout on the plans and tried to make it more user-friendly.
Here's a screenshot -- I've replaced the other two copies of the plans in this thread with this version.
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.42.52.png