Super detailed Spitfire Build

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Thank you both! Means a lot.
Got some plans in the work to build a monster 200% scale FPV Spitfire. However I should probably fly this one a bit first!

IMG_3722.JPG

Last edited:

Scottie

hey James :)
nice wellies mate :p...plane looks really nice in the air ! it pays off doing those little extra bits don't you think ?

cheers

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
I'm really glad everyone has been so interested in this project :) The article seemed to be very popular, and was even featured! Thank you for all your kind comments.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Depends if you're on Flying Monkey's bad side or not ;)

Since he's taken over the editorial job, the lag for a well written artical has dropped quite a bit, but he's still got a day job. If you did well, should be under a week, with the typical "life must go on" delays. If not, it might take him longer to find a moment to reply back with comments/suggestions for improvements.

BanditJacksRC

Depends if you're on Flying Monkey's bad side or not ;)

Since he's taken over the editorial job, the lag for a well written artical has dropped quite a bit, but he's still got a day job. If you did well, should be under a week, with the typical "life must go on" delays. If not, it might take him longer to find a moment to reply back with comments/suggestions for improvements.

Great thank you! I haven't submitted anything yet, but plan to this weekend. Thanks again!

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Hey, yeah it literally took me about 2 days, if that, to get my article approved. It was a significant improvement on the two weeks that I had to wait previously on my other two articles! The only reason they got published in the end was due to me sending an email to Alex. I'm sure they have to deal with quite a number everyday so sometimes yours could get lost under the pile. :)

viggen

hi james.nice looking spitfire..im in the uk.down in devon.
what is your posterboard?is it just card?
im using .25mm plasticcard

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
hi james.nice looking spitfire..im in the uk.down in devon.
what is your posterboard?is it just card?
im using .25mm plasticcard

Hey, I just used some sort of card that you use for making birthday cards etc. Plasticcard should work well though!

iaincg

cowling of spitfire

Any problems with the prop backwash catching under the poster board of the cowling on the Spitfire?

iaincg

retracts

Do you have plans and pictures of the retracts you made for the Spitfire? Did you also do flaps?

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
I didnt actually build retracts and flaps in this build! Next one - maybe :)

Wow, can't believe I started this three years ago. Seems like an age ago.

Last edited: