The Best It Will Ever Look

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
1634761600548.png

Looks good in the air though :)

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Having just watched your video with the FT mini version of the Corsair, I am now feeling nervous about flying this one I just bought with an Enya 30ss 2 stroke in it. Particularly as its set up as a belly lander with no landing gear.
I will need somewhere with a nice patch of long grass to land it, or need to retro-fit some landing gear ideally retracts. My experience with props hitting the ground and demolishing front ends, make me wary of belly landers.
Corsair's are not renowned for being nice stable planes to fly, come to face it most classic scale war birds are the same. I suppose if you want a nice stable controlled flight its best sticking with trainers.
View attachment 210233
Ian, that looks too nice to crash. Maybe it's finally time to try one of these: https://store.flitetest.com/flite-test-aura-light/?
Just stirring the pot, brother! :D;)

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Ian, that looks too nice to crash. Maybe it's finally time to try one of these: https://store.flitetest.com/flite-test-aura-light/?
Just stirring the pot, brother! :D;)
Hey pal I already have a flight stabilisation module the one below, bought it ages ago and never used it. I have fortunately never felt the need to use it . Bought it to fit on a 3D profile model I bought for my son "The Hobby King Hummer", its still in the box in my attic needing assembly. As my son has other commitments these days and doesn't fly anymore, it will probably just sit there collecting dust.
1634769967071.png

Its not the flying of the Corsair that worries me, I can handle that. Landing a belly lander is always risky, in case the prop hits the ground first and digs in. There are a couple of scenarios, all of which impart various degrees of damage to the plane as a result.
So either I fly it somewhere with a bed of long grass to land it on, or modify the plane to accept landing gear. Then I have two options: fit retracts (tricky to retro fit on a model and adds extra weight), or fit a fixed landing gear which spoils the aesthetics and to some extent the handling in the air.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Two of these things belong together,
Two of these things are kind of the same.
Can you guess which one is doing it's own thing?
Now it's time to play our game!

IMG_3536.JPG

Last edited:

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I didn't realise the new brown one was your third triplane! You got a flying circus coming along. :)
LOL, it's actually number 6. I've done 3 minis trying different skins and techniques and 3 150% DR1s with different wings & aileron configurations. It might be time for an intervention.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
About time you ditched the other two wings and went mono. Hope you didn't put a flight controller in the F22 :rolleyes:.
Of course I put an Aura in it. I can't fly. I just turn on the spinney thing in the front, throw it in the air and hope the electronics take over.