The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't heard of it? The new Gilson is the lightest and fastest respirometer, while also having the perks of being differential. This time they made it digital instead of analog to make it a bit faster and easier to use. While it is a bit pricey I can say that it is worth it for sure. Also @Monte.C you didn't do the best job of sounding technical. Next time leave it to the experts like me (tsk tsk).
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You're right @SquirrelTail I need to consult with you more often. I just bowed out real quick 'cause it seems @IanT doesn't know about it yet and I don't want to make him feel bad. I'm cool that way.

Still not the best at sounding smart I see. You tagged the wrong user :ROFLMAO:
AEbGGkGQMOmHoqJ-800x450-noPad2.jpg

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
You haven't heard of it? The new Gilson is the lightest and fastest respirometer, while also having the perks of being differential. This time they made it digital instead of analog to make it a bit faster and easier to use. While it is a bit pricey I can say that it is worth it for sure. Also @Monte.C you didn't do the best job of sounding technical. Next time leave it to the experts like me (tsk tsk).
Always prefered analog to digital myself, much better signal quality, hate all that dsk to filter out noise, it leads to clipping. Give me discreet components every time. Differential to me means calculus or a gear system in an axle of a vehicle, how does that relate to a Respirometer ? Unless you take the adjective of the term meaning its a comparionson of differences ? But what differences exhalation versus inhalation or patients ?

Always prefered analog to digital myself, much better signal quality, hate all that dsk to filter out noise, it leads to clipping. Give me discreet components every time. Differential to me means calculus or a gear system in an axle of a vehicle, how does that relate to a Respirometer ? Unless you take the adjective of the term meaning its a comparionson of differences ? But what differences exhalation versus inhalation or patients ?
We understand. Banggood doesn't sell anything Gilson because those Chinese haven't been able to hack the ultra-high end tech, even with all their tech spies. Well you can keep telling your old crony buddies at the field you have it. We won't tell. ;)

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I will clarify my easlier remark.
Having just purchased a new FRsky V series receiver it appears to have telemetry built into it. ie it can send info on: flight battery voltage, RSSI signal strength, temp, location and speed to a transmitter. I am hoping by binding the receiver to my Radiomaster TX16s transmitter, I can utilise this function. However, if this fails not all is lost because FRsky sell an external plug in module, which is compatible with the TX16s and plugs in the back of the TX16s and has its own ariel. I can bind to this external module instead of the internal module used by the Radiomaster Tx16s. The external module will then allow me to use the telemtery funtions of the V series receiver with my TX16s transmitter. For a reasonable price of $41 or £30 which ever you prefer.
Hope this clarifies what I was saying earlier (y)

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I honestly have no idea what a differential respirator is supposed to do. I thought it was made up until I searched it up lol.
Basically you stick poor little creatures in a flask and see how much oxygen they take in and whats expired, or in the case of anerobic they produce CO2 if memory serves its what the bugs do in a sewage farm basically breaking down :poop:. Only know about it as I had an assignment to devise a method of measuring the height of waste matter :poop: in a sludge tank (obviously it had to be non contact) weirdly the solution I came up with was telemetry system.

Status
Not open for further replies.