Timmy's Thread

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Now I've done it. Now it'll be ANOTHER year until all our friendly Canadian members will talk to me again.
I think your right the queen does own a fair bit of land and actually, The Queen of Canada (and head of state) has been Elizabeth II since 6 February 1952.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I think your right the queen does own a fair bit of land and actually, The Queen of Canada (and head of state) has been Elizabeth II since 6 February 1952.
Although the person of the sovereign is shared with 14 other independent countries within the Commonwealth of Nations, each country's monarchy is separate and legally distinct.
If he visited the UK that could be anywhere from Australia to your one-horse town. Right? Grrrr.
We have several horses appearing in our town from time to time as there is an important racecourse within walking distance. In fact on the 7 furlong sprint I can see the race start from my garden.
I also get to watch the owners and Jockeys arrive by helicopter and light aircraft as there is a landing strip on the racecourse.
However, there are public houses in the area. Which if you where to enter, with two ears and your nose intact you would be considered a sissy.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
On second thoughts :unsure: the UK is probably not a safe place for a nice young lad like Timmy to visit, he should stick to somewhere like Canada where its safe :devilish:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
London is a place in Canada.
I was unaware of the fact when I made the original post, but have since been enlightened to the fact that there is another London.

I thought it was unusual, that there had been no mention of an air display in the real London :unsure:

Timmy

Legendary member
Flying yesterday was beautiful! The sunset was amazing!
1658938863763.png

P1160322.JPG
P1160319.JPG

Timmy

Legendary member
Do you happen to have plans for your wing design? I note that your trailing edge looks very clean. Did you sand the foamboard to get to a thinner line?
I do not have plans but yes, I sanded the lower skin down. I've tried sanding both the upper and lower skins for an even thinner trailing edge but its a lot of work, it gets damaged easily and theres no visible aerodynamic advantage.