To The Star Wars Fans of The Flite Test Team! Build & Race The Podracers!

CatholicFlyer

If you notice the engines, turbine jets and edf fans. I say large scale should be fun and also FPV, fly it at your golf course under the trees, over the trees and around the trees. That would be a blast!

CatholicFlyer

well it's good, needs to be better, size is about right, more speed and doing it out doors at night would be awesome! and do both high speed turbine jets and EDFs and do high speed FPV race with all the racers.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Technically they are not pod racers. Pod racers fly in ground effect and do not fly high at all unless off a ramp or cliff or hill like in the movies.

I am a huge fan of them. I even have the original podracer video game still hehe.

I have the start of Annakins podracer in foam sitting around hete somewhere I have yet to finish.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Technically they are not pod racers. Pod racers fly in ground effect and do not fly high at all unless off a ramp or cliff or hill like in the movies.

I am a huge fan of them. I even have the original podracer video game still hehe.

I have the start of Annakins podracer in foam sitting around hete somewhere I have yet to finish.
The star wars pod racers hovered using some sort of anti-gravity before they set off. So not ground effect, since anti-gravity hasn't been reinvented since the galaxy a long time ago and far, far away hover-props are the nearest thing :)

CatholicFlyer

awesome. could do how Flite Test made the hovercraft, have the hover start the process to get them off the ground, then fire up the giant engines.