*Unofficial* Alpha Bravo Charlie

Ross

Thats a nice look Ricci! I am going to buy an airbrush system, this spray paint stuff is fast but not nearly precise enough for my liking.

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
You should definetely. More precise and very thin paint layers possible. For the Alpha only two small gunze glases of paint were needed.

Ricci

Hi Ross,
That kit is ok. Nearly the same was the system i started with. For RC with the big surfaces the komressor should be one with tank. It will heat up to fast and will be damaged soon. The Airbrush is ok. Because of the smal cup you have to mix the paint separately, but it's ok i do it the same.

Ross

Thank you Ricci, maybe I will shop for a beefier compressor and buy guns separate or something. I don't plan on buying until end of January anyway. Thanks again.

Ross

Its starting to look a little meaner.

Attachments

• Alpha19.JPG
    Alpha19.JPG
    641.5 KB · Views: 3

Ricci

Hi,
thats the aktal look. Panellines has to been added, the top of the canopy is not painted and in the triangle on the bottom i will paint a Greek Alpha with insignia red. The jet engines need also some color shades.

IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

Ross

Well ricci, I broke down and ordered the airbrush kit today. I bought the one you suggested with the tank and it comes with lots of paint and accessories. I am justifying this because I'm about to finish my 2nd Alpha and I want it to look just as good as yours, and if it doesn't then I will build a 3rd one. LOL Addictions are so bad........... Happy building/flying!

Ische

RC Barnstormer
Just Finished my scratch build, aside from electronics and paint. Its a mashup, Bravo Fuse and Tail, Alpha Elevons with the Charlie Wing. Cutting all the tabs and slots is a pain... Can't wait to finish up and fly it.

WP_20170107_13_23_02_Pro.jpg WP_20170107_14_48_16_Pro.jpg WP_20170107_22_13_16_Pro.jpg WP_20170107_22_13_42_Pro.jpg

Millipede

Finished my Bravo from the speed build kit. Had a little fun with electrical tape.
I had an issue with what appears to be the ESC. When I started the motor it just cogged and ratcheted all the way to full throttle. I have several BLHeli 12A ECSs and the 2204 motors laying around so I started parts. The ESC made all my motors do the same thing. Swapped out the ESC and all was well.
Took it out to the field to fly today and it felt really weird to me. I could not tell if it was the wind or my noobishness. I never did get it trimmed out. I am teaching myself to fly so, who knows?
Bravo.JPG
The paint, unfortunately, did not stick very well and caused the canopy to bubble up when I was repositioning it. I eventually got it sort of OK again with a heat gun.

agentkbl

Illegal Squid Fighting?
I Have an airbrush for R/C car canopies. and like a 90 gallon air compressor, but we had that already.:p

Capt_Beavis

This is close to what I am doing but I will do F-22 style vertical stabilizers. I am going for a Firefox kind of look. My 7 yr old son made me a red, white and black lego fighter jet and I will paint it like that.

Just Finished my scratch build, aside from electronics and paint. Its a mashup, Bravo Fuse and Tail, Alpha Elevons with the Charlie Wing. Cutting all the tabs and slots is a pain... Can't wait to finish up and fly it.

View attachment 79993 View attachment 79994 View attachment 79995 View attachment 79996

Ricci

May I know the right printed papers' length.?

You have to Download the pdf. Do not Print the preview in the internet Browser.
Open the pdf and set the page Settings to DIN A4 original size without scalings or any other "fit to Page" settings.
DIN A4 has the size 297 mm x 210 mm
To check if all is ok and safe paper if not. Print one page that includes the mesurement bar and check the correctnes. If all is fine print the rest.

Capt_Beavis

I maidened mine this evening. I am very happy with this plane. I had a mini FT-22 and I hated it. It always felt like it was on the edge of a stall and though it looked cool I did not enjoy flying it. I like an airfoil. This plane is great.

Thoughts on the build.

1. The canopy and the nose are as hard as you want them to be. Perfection takes time but decent results are not too hard to achieve.

2. I changed the control horn location about 3/8" inboard and used linkage stoppers on the inside of the horn to reduce bending on the pushrods.

3. The hardest part of the build for me was the skewer for the backside of the wing mount. The holes on my SBK were off a bit and interfered with the servos. If I had to do it again I would run them through before the servos, top plate and power pod was installed. Instead I used a skewer for each side.

4. Power with a 2204 is adequate but I think a 2205 would be more fun. 4S could be a blast for a skilled pilot.

5. Get the SBK for your first one. The body has a ton of small cuts but all of the other pieces are standard. Get one and modify to your taste.

6. I want a swapable sized plane with ailerons. The roll rate is weak and a larger plane with ailerons would be a blast and look awesome in the air.

Good flying.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FlitetestFans/permalink/1886285131590025/

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Go Alpha!

So much fun to fly. I did find it a little slower compared to my FT Arrow but I do think I'll be buddy boxing it with my son.

IMG_1541.jpg IMG_1542.jpg