Votes: 1 3.8%
  • January 1st

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • EXTENSION

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Bo123

Elite member
No unfortunately not. My lg wasn't working properly so my camera man had to hand launch it, and by the time he was ready to film, it was already in the ground. 20kts though and rock solid except for the rh turn. I still need to get those parts from HK. I might be able to get a proper flight in when its repaired, and the weather will be clearing up going into summer.
Pictures and/or video, or it didn't happen! LOL!

Taildragger

Legendary member
No unfortunately not. My lg wasn't working properly so my camera man had to hand launch it, and by the time he was ready to film, it was already in the ground. 20kts though and rock solid except for the rh turn. I still need to get those parts from HK. I might be able to get a proper flight in when its repaired, and the weather will be clearing up going into summer.
where are you from that its going into summer?

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Figure I better pay a little more attention to my challenge project as time is slipping away quickly. Here is where the PA-22 Tri-Pcer is. I have a good base structure going and about to start finishing out the cowl. Thats a big wing:LOL:
IMG_20211003_202622180.jpg
IMG_20211003_202647473.jpg
IMG_20211003_202748166_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211003_202802183_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211003_202829943_HDR.jpg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member

cyclone3350

Master member
Figure I better pay a little more attention to my challenge project as time is slipping away quickly. Here is where the PA-22 Tri-Pcer is. I have a good base structure going and about to start finishing out the cowl. Thats a big wing:LOL:
View attachment 208994 View attachment 208995 View attachment 208996 View attachment 208997 View attachment 208998

This is what I am looking forward to. A well done foam board milk stool ( TriPacer's nickname ). In about the time it takes me to finish the struts, I am sure U will be done and on to something new.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Have a few choices of landing gear wheels and will probably settle on the smaller set I picked up over the weekend. Debating painting the wheel hubs or 3D printing yellow disks to glue on... Going to test the paint pen 1st.
IMG_20211004_165912_481.jpg

The paint pen should be fine...
16333825747448311672502740605962.jpg

Comparing my FT Cub and ARF Cub Landing gear
1633385214628579746526152393751.jpg

Really wanted to go with larger wheels, but would need to fabricate collars since the FT Cub landing gear wire is so thin.... May revisit larger wheels at a later date. Especially since the gear is so easy to remove.

Last edited:

Bo123

Elite member
Unfortunately, I will have to back out of the challenge. The airframe is in a really bad condition, and is repairable, but will just add too much weight and add weak points. The wing is in a good shape, so I will be using that for somthing. I also don't have any 6mm depron left, and 3mm is just too weak. I did the best I could.

BB

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
So I finally have the front end of this figured out so now I can place where the motor needs to be and get the front landing gear in place. Thanks @cyclone3350 for jump starting my brain on the wing spars, they would have been a real headache at the end trying to make them work and still not make a mess of things.
IMG190101-211731F.JPG
IMG190101-211759F.JPG
IMG190101-211808F.JPG
IMG190101-211819F.JPG

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Fired up Wifey's Silhouette and cut up some Numbers to add on with the "stock" FT Cub decals to bling it up a bit more.
IMG_20211005_210859705_HDR.jpg

I freehanded the BIG NC21341 applying each character freeform by hand. Got smarter and used Packing tape to lift the small ones off the sheet to transfer to the tail. Work in progress and learning new skillz FTW! Wifey's old Silhouette Cameo is USB1.0 which is no longer supported by winderz, so had to use a hub between the printer and laptop for winderz to recognize it. Winderz no longer works and plays with USB 1.0 devices without such an interpreter in the middle. D'OH! But at least it still works. Worst case, I could have used an SD card to move the files to the printer.

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
After working on this FT cub, the ARF cub, and looking at full scale Cubs, I now realize how not scale the FT cub is in almost any way. Really makes me kinda wunna do a more scalish foamboard cub. >sigh< but there are SO MANY other unfinished projects on the table, which we will be selling off soon, and I need to purge more elsewhere so I have a good build area other than the Kitchen/dining table. LOL

At least I am FINALLY finishing one of these challenges. Need to go back and finish at least one other of the challenges that I fell short on in the past. REALLY want to build that U2 that I started on a challenge or two back. Would be AWESOME if FT would come out with a master series U2.... but in the mean time, I'll work on my basic U2 that I started on with Balsa plans that are being used to convert to FoamBoard....

Last edited:

cyclone3350

Master member
After working on this FT cub, the ARF cub, and looking at full scale Cubs, I now realize how not scale the FT cub is in almost any way. Really makes me kinda wunna do a more scalish foamboard cub. >sigh< but there are SO MANY other unfinished projects on the table, which we will be selling off soon, and I need to purge more elsewhere so I have a good build area other than the Kitchen/dining table. LOL

At least I am FINALLY finishing one of these challenges. Need to go back and finish at least one other of the challenges that I fell short on in the past. REALLY want to build that U2 that I started on a challenge or two back. Would be AWESOME if FT would come out with a master series U2.... but in the mean time, I'll work on my basic U2 that I started on with Balsa plans that are being used to convert to FoamBoard....

This is why I am enjoying reading this thread. I have an unique attachment to Cubs. For the maneuver evaluation on my commercial flying check ride, I did it in a J3. My first payed flying job was in a Super Cub. So I like to see all the variations that the modeling world has made of this iconic aircraft. The scaled and the not so scaled. So get R done and keep posting pics.