2021 SeaPlane Design & Build Challenge!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Put it in as the fokker d8. I will try making that on floats, from the ft storch. going on vacation soon for now, and building an rc boat for it, so there will be no progress in the storch until around june 8th or so.
Have fun on vacation and let us know how the boat comes out.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Have fun on vacation and let us know how the boat comes out.
thanks. it is mostlyy built. I took an old toy set that I had that used plastic screws and foam pieces and a wind up motor, it barely ever worked, and I just smacked supports on it and an a pack motor and in the back an 1800 2s. should have long working times, but still fast, planning to place the reciever in a balloon. This esc has more than surpassed splash test though. any ideas on a rudder with a 9g servo? I only have 9gs now. posting pic right after this.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Here is the boat. Tips on the rudder pls.

Attachments

• 20210525_192352.jpg
    20210525_192352.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210525_192344.jpg
    20210525_192344.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210525_192327.jpg
    20210525_192327.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
to be clear, which way is the front?
the prop is facing forward. the prrop is a 6 inch. btw. just a size comparison. rudder is the only thingg I have left except for placement of reciever and esc, and how to keep both of the above waterproof. please help with those, and i do nto like the epoxy method as you need to take apart the esc and I do nto watn to do that.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
the prop is facing forward. the prrop is a 6 inch. btw. just a size comparison. rudder is the only thingg I have left except for placement of reciever and esc, and how to keep both of the above waterproof. please help with those, and i do nto like the epoxy method as you need to take apart the esc and I do nto watn to do that.
I just added a giant air rudder. will show when I get back home from school.

leaded50

Legendary member
I guess U can add retractable skids like the Sea Dart. Why not? I am doing and amphibian version of the Sea Master and that one does not exist. Which I hope to have all the fuse formers drawn up by tonight.
The Seamaster was an amphibian flying boat though. Sea Vixen never was a seaplane/flying boat. Just a wheel based carrier plane orginally. With eg. flots on, well, then its a seaplane version :).