Baby Blender - Scratch Build

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

The Baby Blender Biplane is a smaller version of the original large scale Blender RC airplane and it's also the 4th installment of the swappable fuselage series!

Baby Blender Biplane Planes available here:
View attachment Baby_Blender_Plans_1_of_4.pdf
View attachment Baby_Blender_Plans_2_of_4.pdf
View attachment Baby_Blender_Plans_3_of_4.pdf
View attachment Baby_Blender_Turtle_Decks_4_of_4.pdf

Metric:
View attachment Metric_Baby_Blender_Plans_1_of_4.pdf
View attachment Metric_Baby_Blender_Plans_2_of_4.pdf
View attachment Baby_Blender_Plans_3_of_4.pdf
View attachment Baby_Blender_Turtle_Decks_4_of_4.pdf

TIP for printing the plans:
To print "tiled" use Adobe Reader X and in the print dialog select "POSTER", select "Cut Marks" and make sure "Tile Scale" is 100%. Then overlap and tape as required (after trimming the top overlapping edge).

(Thanks youtuber larrybarrick for this suggestion!)

Equipment used in this build:
NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv / 250w
Hextronic 9 Gram Servo
TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller
Turnigy 1300mAh 4S 20C Lipo Pack
Linkage Stopper "Speed Clevis"
Futaba T8FG Super 14ch Transmitter w/R6208SB 2.4GHz Receiver
Futaba R6106HFC 2.4GHz FASST Mid Range 6Ch Rx
.81mm piano wire (push rods)

Additional/Alternate components:
Suppo 2208/14 1450kv Brushless Motor (Park 370 equiv.)
APC-style Electric Propeller - 8x4E
Suppo 18A Brushless ESC
Suppo SP-90 9g Micro Servo

Baby Blender Build 1.jpg

Detailed build video for the power pod. CLICK HERE

To watch the Baby Blender Biplane Review go here:
http://flitetest.com/articles/Baby_Blender_Biplane

Baby Blender Build 2.jpg Baby Blender Build 3.jpg Baby Blender Build 4.jpg Baby Blender Build 5.jpg Baby Blender Build 6.jpg Baby Blender Build 12-1.jpg Baby Blender Build 12-3.jpg Baby Blender Build 12-4.jpg Baby Blender Build 7.jpg Baby Blender Build 12-2.jpg Baby Blender Build 14.jpg Baby Blender Build 14-1.jpg Baby Blender Build 8.jpg Baby Blender Build 9.jpg Baby Blender Build 10.jpg Baby Blender Build 11.jpg Baby Blender Build 16.jpg Baby Blender Build 15.jpg Baby Blender Build 17.jpg Baby Blender Build 12.jpg Baby Blender Build 13.jpg Baby Blender Build 15-2.jpg Baby Blender Build 15-1.jpg Baby Blender Build 18.jpg

Attachments

• Baby_Blender_Plans_3_of_4.pdf
    395.9 KB · Views: 1,635

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
To print "tiled" use Adobe Reader X and in the print dialog select "POSTER", select "Cut Marks" and make sure "Tile Scale" is 100%. Then overlap and tape as required (after trimming the top overlapping edge).
(Thanks youtuber larrybarrick for this suggestion!)

jamo

Hi Guys,
Love the build! Just wondering if you can advise what size, weight and hole diameter you used for your landing gear? I also noticed you put a plastic sleeve on the wire to act as a bearing. What did you use for this?
Thanks!
Jamo

CiderPunk

My work in progress baby blender - about 5 hours in:
planes.jpg

i have a slight problem, my A2 foamboard is only 23 inches long, slightly shorter than the plans wingspan, it'll still fly with slightly shorter wings wont it? :)

natjohnw

We're working on one of these and we just finished the airframe. Now we have to paint it, so is there anything we should know before we start? And what did you guys use to tape off your stripes? Thanks

sneaky

We're working on one of these and we just finished the airframe. Now we have to paint it, so is there anything we should know before we start? And what did you guys use to tape off your stripes? Thanks

I'll second that! I have built several dollar-tree foam planes, but I have never actually painted one. What type of paint do you use? How do you keep the paper from peeling off? How do you mask the stripes? Do you use a clear-coat?

Thanks

Canuk

OK I am off to pick up supplies.

I ahve been looking for a fun fly pop in the car airplane and this looks like it will be perfect.

gailenjensen

I'll second that! I have built several dollar-tree foam planes, but I have never actually painted one. What type of paint do you use? How do you keep the paper from peeling off? How do you mask the stripes? Do you use a clear-coat?

Thanks

I'll third that thought. I asked on the u-tube channel about the paint last week when the episode aired and haven't heard or read anything yet. I did try some paint on one of the foam board planes I built and everything warped.

Cool planes though. Build more.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I don't have any direct experience with that motor, but from the specs it looks like it would work fine.