Bush Plane Build Challenge II

cyclone3350

Master member
I'm in! I'll be entering a Cessna 180 if nobody has chosen that yet.

Excellent choice, I have been watching this thread for a while, and if I had had the time, that was one I was considering. But I don't and look forward to see some one take up the challenge. I don't know if you have the plans selected yet, but this was one I would have used as a guide for ideas. It has balsa skins over balsa formers which should be easily translated to foamboard. https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=4984

Raccoonworks

Save your Trash!! Myles
Excellent choice, I have been watching this thread for a while, and if I had had the time, that was one I was considering. But I don't and look forward to see some one take up the challenge. I don't know if you have the plans selected yet, but this was one I would have used as a guide for ideas. It has balsa skins over balsa formers which should be easily translated to foamboard. https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=4984
Thanks! I've already drawn up the plans but I might take a look at these. I decided to keep mine simple. It has the same build style as the simple cub.

synjin

Elite member
Just finished the PC-6 last night and tried it this evening. After a little fiddling it flies great. Better control than version 1. I’ll get some paint on it and do the challenge videos.
1622878154694.jpg

cyclone3350

Master member
Fixed the nose, though it is not quite right. Looks a little cartoony now, so I may have to put googly-eyes on it. Version 3 should be a winner.
View attachment 201400

I was looking @ your picture before I read your post. The first thing I was thinking was how well you took the flat sides and got it to flow down with the spinner. I will have to side with @Matthewdupreez on this one.

Test Fly RC

Elite member
I crashed my scrappy cub!
It was flying ok but then something happened and it did a tipstall and crashed.
There was one tail dragger close to the end of the video that was flying ok!;) It was full scale.
In the next version I hope to make scrappy more master series like and upsize the v-stab and h-stab! Aw The hole plane needs to get bigger!

bf109g-14

I crashed my scrappy cub!
It was flying ok but then something happened and it did a tipstall and crashed.
There was one tail dragger close to the end of the video that was flying ok!;) It was full scale.
In the next version I hope to make scrappy more master series like and upsize the v-stab and h-stab! Aw The hole plane needs to get bigger!
Sad to see it crash.... but that's the hobby, I guess. The plane at the end looks like a Cessna 140 to me.