Bush Plane Build Challenge II

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Actually, come to think of it, we haven't officially made a new date yet. I understand FF will be ending on Sunday the 18th. If guys are wanting to do some flying there I suppose we should give some time for editing and posting videos after, not to mention travel. How about we have the official deadline be the following sunday, July 25th.

MNeE7.jpg

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Actually, come to think of it, we haven't officially made a new date yet. I understand FF will be ending on Sunday the 18th. If guys are wanting to do some flying there I suppose we should give some time for editing and posting videos after, not to mention travel. How about we have the official deadline be the following sunday, July 25th.

View attachment 202595
Works great for me, I'm not going to FF but I haven't even started my plane yet...

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I'm in the same boat. Started on drawing up a mini bushplane so after the challenge I can fly it in my backyard.

I was considering the same thing since half of my "man cave" is still scattered from the office to my shop. There was a good start to "Scrappy" in that pile somewhere but I'm not sure I'll get that together before Mike does at this point! lol I'm working on getting some videos up with at least something here before too long anyway!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
What were you thinking of building this time?
Just an improved version of what I made last time really. The wing will be completely redesigned, but the rest will just be mostly the same with some slight modifications and fixes that the last one needed.

quorneng

Master member
It the 'tail moment' (length x area) that matters. Long tail/smaller tail areas, short tail/bigger tail areas.
If you are creating a high lift wing (big flaps) it creates a lot of turbulence so a longer tail option can have advantages

Battery800

Elite member
I’m making good progress on my plane. We leave for ff on Monday, and I’m about halfway through cutting the parts out. Boy does outlining the parts with a needle take a long time

Battery800

Elite member
I got some 2208 drone motors that can run on 4s. Might be overkill for a plane designed for 2205 on 3s but power is power!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Finished the basic plans for mine today. I have said this before but it's the same as last time with a completely redesigned wing, enlarged tail surfaces, and I think that the only changes to the fuselage are the hatch and maybe some other minor stuff. Time to start prepping plans and cutting parts!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I would suggest reinforcing the wing and putting some beefy landing gear on it. That payload challenge can really be hard on a plane.
ok cool, will do....... the wing is pretty rock solid, i am using 3.5In wheels, hopefully that'll be large enough,,,, and i think i'll make that reinforce landing gear every one else did last year

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Just tried to maiden my 130% old speedster..... my batteries arrived today...
but unfortunately my landing gear wasn't secured on tightly enough, and the wheels were to far back... so it resulted in a nose dive while on the runway, and snapped my prop.... luckily super glue repairs them really well

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I’m making good progress on my plane. We leave for ff on Monday, and I’m about halfway through cutting the parts out. Boy does outlining the parts with a needle take a long time
How far do you have to travel?

I think the only way I'd try the needle method is with a sewing machine or tattoo gun, sounds far to tedious for my attention span! lol Do you prefer this method vs just using a blade?