Christen Eagle Swappable-Design, Build, and Review Log

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Hay Jayz, I can probably swing the Prometheus/Challenger look with this thing by changing the wing/tail shape. They are both really similar with the exception of the wingtip and tail geometry.

Yeah you could very easily..... but then i would go and do something dumb and stick the ntm 3536 1800 in it ;)

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
pfft, what's the harm in doing that? I'll make a speed wing for you too, although it may be counter productive to have a biplane pylon racer.

jayz 84

Yeah, it won't take much to get it to look right. Just some fiddling with the turtle deck height.

Out of curiosity are you building your Sea Fury from ALP's plans?

Yes im am in fact. When i get the time lol. I should be finishing up nnA10 v2 tonight. Then maybe on to that or the ultimate bipe not sure yet. The tempest is the same body as the sea fury just a few little mods

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
vertical.jpg

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Test flown! Flies great with a 28-30 with an 9-6 on 3s, and am 8-6 on 4s. The only change I want to make is top wing ailerons. The roll is a little under scale right now, but that's why we test fly! It also holds knife edge really well which had me suprised. The big rudder is nice and powerful, so hammer heads aren't a problem at all. Loops, rolls, snaps, tumbles... It did everything I threw at it. The only damage for the night was a busted wing tip, but that's an easy fix.

jayz 84

Thats great to hear man. And it being a bipe the thought in my head thats the issue with your rolls are not do to your ailerons. Its most likely the undercamber wing tips.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
First flight video: NTM 2826 1200kv 8x6 wooden prop (a little under-powered)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Second flight video: NTM 2830 1100 kv 9 x 4.7 slow fly prop

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
More to come. Working on the CAD file this weekend. Plans will be available before flite fest in case anyone wanted to bring one.

jayz 84

Wish i could make it FF this year. I would surely build one to fly with you. And i would bring my new build in the works as of today. 40in ws Carl Goldberg ultimate
5496.jpg
Its going to be a one off close to scale swappable

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I got another couple flights in tonight. The best setup is an NTM 28-30 1100kV swinging an 8x6 on 4s. The 4 aileron setup makes it much more fun to fly. Videos are coming soon.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Welp. The prototype is dead. I was pulling out of a hammer head coming from a 50(ish) foot dive and the battery dropped out of the plane. No power/control, dove straight into the ground. The two aileron servos are stripped and the wings are in three separate pieces. Oh well. V1 was starting to out live its usefulness anyway. I should be starting on V2 tonight. I get out of school tomorrow, so I'll have more time for airplane stuff.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
The fuselage is drawn up in inventor, and the horizontal stab is done for the most part. I'll see if I could even have this design done this month!