F-86 Sabre - 50mm EDF

CrshNBrn

Elite member
But I only have a 50mm edf and I’m not really a novice pilot but I have never flown any edfs
Then go for it. Its just foamboard, after all. If you do, I'd recommend burying the servos in the wing (maybe with a servo arm protector) or even putting them on the top of the wing so that they don't scrape on landing.

TB__RC

Ok I’ll do that. I downloaded the plans and I don’t see the *thrust tube* there do I have to make it myself?

CrshNBrn

Elite member
I did. I just wrapped it around the outside of my EDF and ran it out the back with a slight taper. Once everything was put together, I trimmed it up flush.

synjin

Elite member
But I only have a 50mm edf and I’m not really a novice pilot it’s just that I have never flown any edfs
It’s a pretty easy build and mine flies great. I did have to put the battery WAY up front to get it to balance.

leaded50

Legendary member
on a 50mm EDF end of thrusttube should be approx. 45-47mm opening on out. This measure is more specific needed for best function on 5/6 blade rotor...... than on eg. 12 blade rotor.

TB__RC

Im assembling the plans and I wonder what this is? (It’s the box with the blue circle)
IMG_3327.jpeg

TB__RC

That is the shelf that the electronics sit on!

@TB__RC i say go for it! it's just foamboard, but you do need to make sure that the airplane is balanced. A little noseheavy is a good idea.
I’m going to use a 1500mah 4s you think it will be good? And I’ll use 6gram servos in the back and 9gram servos in the wing

Zephyr1

Elite member
I’m going to use a 1500mah 4s you think it will be good? And I’ll use 6gram servos in the back and 9gram servos in the wing

Yeah! That's the same battery i used on mine, just make sure the C rating is higher (not like 30) and i've used 9g servos for all 4, so you'll be fine with 6g ones for the tail.

Zephyr1

Elite member
View attachment 243472
Done! The tail has a little to much angle because the fuselage had that angle but it may act like dihedral. The wing has a slight down angle I don’t know if it’s going to affect the flight performance.

It won't matter if there's too much tail dihedral. The wing should have a bit of dihedral as well, not anhedral. But i would echo

@chobson303's point. Just send it.​