FT MS ME-262

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Great re-maiden! Are you using any sort of flight stabilisation? Lately I tend to install FT auras in all of my larger aircraft. It ads an extra level on security in particular in case of hand launches.

No, but its a good idea. I don't know much about the aura. I'll check it out.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Maidened today. She weighed in at 819g (without battery). As you can see in the video, she hand launched easily and handled great...right until the wing folded up. Post mortem revealed the center spar had snapped. It handled most of the stress of the wing until it didn't.

While it looks cool in the air and sounds even better, I'm done with the FT MS Me-262. I don't know if it is a weak wing design or some other factor, but this plane just makes me sad.

Nooooo, it was flying so well too!

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Being new hear who would I talk ( text--PM ?? ) to at FT to talk about this design flaw?

Good question, Chickenhawk. Splinter189 is the forum handle for the John Overstreet. He posts on the FT forum a lot. On the other hand, folks might be able to contact FT directly through the Store.

chickenhawk

I think I'm asking you if you could have a look at WS5-WS5 wood spar on the FT ME262 and see if you think the lazor cutting of the stack symbol is cut too deep. It appears it is cut too deep creating a hole that goes right through the spar leaving very little wood for support. I now have seen 2 wing spars fail at the same spot.

Last edited:

Splinter189

Master member
I think I'm asking you if you could have a look at W5-W5 wood spar on the FT ME262 and see if you think the lazor cutting of the stack symbol is cut too deep. It appears it is cut too deep creating a hole that goes right through the spar leaving very little wood for support. I now have seen 2 wing spars fail at the same spot.
do3s the etching appear too deep in the wood?

CrshNBrn

Elite member
It goes all the way through the spar. It looks like that is where my wing folded on the maiden.

Attachments

• 20211202_194503 (1).jpg
    20211202_194503 (1).jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211202_180254.jpg
    20211202_180254.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 0