FT Mustang Master Series

FT Mustang Master Series 1.0

I think a 3s will work but would definitely not do vertical so you're probably going to want 4s if this isn't one of your first warbirds and you want some power.

w1lp33

Just a quick note to say, that this is hands down the nicest flying Flite Test plane I’ve ever built. Absolutely amazing. Can fly fast, can fly slow, but does have the occasional tendency to tip a wing on a stall.

Flying it on a 4s 2200mah battery with a Power Pack C radial and 35a esc, with a 10x4.5 prop.

Attachments

• 7222BECF-3198-4DF9-A9B1-4EDBA16C89AD.jpeg
    7222BECF-3198-4DF9-A9B1-4EDBA16C89AD.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Just a quick note to say, that this is hands down the nicest flying Flite Test plane I’ve ever built. Absolutely amazing. Can fly fast, can fly slow, but does have the occasional tendency to tip a wing on a stall.

Flying it on a 4s 2200mah battery with a Power Pack C radial and 35a esc, with a 10x4.5 prop.
No vid it didn't happen...

shadeyB

Legendary member
I was thinking about it, yeah. I normally don’t bother painting my planes, cause I’m not a terribly good painter and my planes tend to get beat up, but this one turned out so nice and flies so smooth I was thinking it’d be worth the effort.
Makes it all the more fun pretending it’s real and when the ground grabs it you appreciate how real it looked lol
Get the brushes out 👍

Love the printed exhaust’s

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I was thinking about it, yeah. I normally don’t bother painting my planes, cause I’m not a terribly good painter and my planes tend to get beat up, but this one turned out so nice and flies so smooth I was thinking it’d be worth the effort.
There are so many ways to paint up a plane, I myself don't use the brushes much, more akin to the spray can. Recently found the value in using sharpie for details on the plane. Anything that works for you will look awesome, and helps with orientation if that issue ever arises.

w1lp33

There are so many ways to paint up a plane, I myself don't use the brushes much, more akin to the spray can. Recently found the value in using sharpie for details on the plane. Anything that works for you will look awesome, and helps with orientation if that issue ever arises.

I have a friend who’s an excellent artist... was thinking of spray canning the plane for the base, and then having him paint on the details like stripes and logos and whatnot...

Here’s a 3d printed sculpture he painted for me:

Attachments

• 02172AA0-0C70-4ABE-982D-63551BBBD024.jpeg
    02172AA0-0C70-4ABE-982D-63551BBBD024.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

shadeyB

Legendary member
Getting there
before I paint her up 👍
massive shout out to the designer although a little modification has been done on her

Ps you can’t see the little imperfections from the socially distant 2meters away

Attachments

• 1BB03875-1513-41D4-BC15-555548297D74.jpeg
    1BB03875-1513-41D4-BC15-555548297D74.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Finally have a vid for you. Was much windier than I expected so it’s not my smoothest take off or flight ever, but hey, it counts :)

Nice. It flies so smooth even with the wind. Clean build, great job. I think this one might be a winter project for me

shadeyB

Legendary member
Finally have a vid for you. Was much windier than I expected so it’s not my smoothest take off or flight ever, but hey, it counts :)

Looks fantastic
Nice n smooth in the wind 👍 almost took out the bird also 😂😂
Can’t wait to get my motors in

w1lp33

Wish I could have got footage thst morning. Calm as can be, flew like 5-6 batteries.... just stopped in the afternoon after picking up the wife from work and had her film, but the wind had picked up. My fields almost always windy :)

w1lp33

Oh, and anyone interested in how efficient the plane is, on the radial C pack motor and 35a esc, I get 10 minutes at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle on a 2200mah 4s battery. That leaves my battery at 3.7-3.8 a cell, so I could probably get 12 or more minutes if I wanted to, but 10 min seems to be a good length of time for a flight :)