I can't BELIEVE I'm actually trying this!! Baby Blender SCRATCHBUILD! 😳

PoorManRC

Master member
The Long And the Short...

Thought it was all done. HA!! 😳
Could have been worse I guess, and was GLAD to find out now! πŸ˜‰
IMG_20191218_030102.jpg

So now THAT will be pretty UGLY.. ..
But, I had actually TORN the Foam Board that the Rudder Servo was glued to. It was incredibly LOOSE! πŸ˜–
Put out that fire, AND made it even stronger. Had some scrap Plywood, WITH a 9g Servo sized hole ALREADY cut in it!! πŸ‘πŸ‘ So it's heavily reinforced now.

I'm really starting to think that Foam is a lousy thing to attach Servos to....
NOT building disposable Aircraft here!!! πŸ˜³πŸ˜‹

So now I have cuts and holes in my brand new Fuse!
IMG_20191218_030443.jpg

I got this idea from several of YOUR Builds! Thank you! 😊
IMG_20191218_030726.jpg

Yeah, I know... Teeny Weeny Headers! They'll work in a pinch. πŸ˜‰
IF she actually FLIES, I'll improve that.

SPEAKING OF.....
I got horribly impatient at 2am. I got her all put back together, AGAIN...
And thought about taking out Tubby Cubby, completely untested, the Morning of the Maiden. πŸ˜–
That PIG wouldn't even TAXI!

So Taxi Tested the Blender in the Courtyard, in the middle of the night. Trimmed the Rudder, and DROVE her around like a RC Crawler!! πŸ˜‹
Probably the most Ground distance, ANY FT Aircraft has ever gone! Very smooth and controllable.
ZERO Ground Looping!!!

Went out to the parking lot for "higher speed Taxi Tests"...
At 1/3rd throttle, She LEPT UP!!! 😳😳😳
I had to immediately cut the throttle. Again, 2am, 30 degrees, Pajamas (!!!), and crazy cross winds!
BUT....

This thing wants to FLY!!!
I'm really more anxious than anyone.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The Long And the Short...

Thought it was all done. HA!! 😳
Could have been worse I guess, and was GLAD to find out now! πŸ˜‰
View attachment 151331
So now THAT will be pretty UGLY.. ..
But, I had actually TORN the Foam Board that the Rudder Servo was glued to. It was incredibly LOOSE! πŸ˜–
Put out that fire, AND made it even stronger. Had some scrap Plywood, WITH a 9g Servo sized hole ALREADY cut in it!! πŸ‘πŸ‘ So it's heavily reinforced now.

I'm really starting to think that Foam is a lousy thing to attach Servos to....
NOT building disposable Aircraft here!!! πŸ˜³πŸ˜‹

So now I have cuts and holes in my brand new Fuse!
View attachment 151332
I got this idea from several of YOUR Builds! Thank you! 😊
View attachment 151333
Yeah, I know... Teeny Weeny Headers! They'll work in a pinch. πŸ˜‰
IF she actually FLIES, I'll improve that.

SPEAKING OF.....
I got horribly impatient at 2am. I got her all put back together, AGAIN...
And thought about taking out Tubby Cubby, completely untested, the Morning of the Maiden. πŸ˜–
That PIG wouldn't even TAXI!

So Taxi Tested the Blender in the Courtyard, in the middle of the night. Trimmed the Rudder, and DROVE her around like a RC Crawler!! πŸ˜‹
Probably the most Ground distance, ANY FT Aircraft has ever gone! Very smooth and controllable.
ZERO Ground Looping!!!

Went out to the parking lot for "higher speed Taxi Tests"...
At 1/3rd throttle, She LEPT UP!!! 😳😳😳
I had to immediately cut the throttle. Again, 2am, 30 degrees, Pajamas (!!!), and crazy cross winds!
BUT....

This thing wants to FLY!!!
I'm really more anxious than anyone.
Is it goin up tomorrow?

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Haven't heard from you in a while! 😊
Ultralights.... Maybe IF I can ever afford Lasik Eye Surgery, I can fly Civil Aircraft again.
I miss it.
Merry ChristmasπŸŽ„πŸŽ…
Not just ultralights, last I read the FAR/AIM any non-complex non-high performance single engine land aircraft can be flown under basic med. You'd have to do biennial flight recurrence training, but you'd be able to fly without a FAA third class so long as you can see 20/20 with correction. Merry christmas to you too!

PoorManRC

Master member
Not just ultralights, last I read the FAR/AIM any non-complex non-high performance single engine land aircraft can be flown under basic med. You'd have to do biennial flight recurrence training, but you'd be able to fly without a FAA third class so long as you can see 20/20 with correction. Merry christmas to you too!
That's my major problem... One of two.
My Vision currently is 20/110, best corrected to 20/45. 😞

The Arthritis in my Hands flares at various levels to where I've actually had TFRs given while filing Flight Plans! I'm nowhere near in the financial position to waste THAT kind of money.

If I could outlive my 101 year old Great Uncle, my life will be so much easier.
I will definitely get myself back up in the Air again!!

My Cousin has a beautiful Twin Beech - DEFINITELY Verboten in my current condition! πŸ˜–

PoorManRC

Master member
About my Blender....
I want to run this past you guys.

This will be my first RC Aircraft with Ailerons. On advisement, I mixed the Ailerons with 20% Up Elevator...
Automatic Bank and Yank, if you will.
Good idea??

I'm just trying to make this easier to get used to.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
About my Blender....

This will be my first RC Aircraft with Ailerons. On advisement, I mixed the Ailerons with 20% Up Elevator...
Good idea??

That's a bad idea, If you do anything other than turn, or just try to level the wings you'll start pitching up.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
About my Blender....

Good idea??

KISS...

Mix when you know what you want and how to get it. Until then, I would keep it as simple as possible until I have a well trimmed craft I can fly with confidence. :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
@Grifflyer @cranialrectosis
Advice heeded! Thank you.
Mixing is rather new to me.. .
You know, "on Paper" it seemed like a good idea.
One mix you may want to do later, after the maiden, would be to ad about 5% down elevator on throttle up. With he BB she will have plenty of up for you already given the biplane wing style. Since you have your ailerons on two servos you could do a drag differential between the two to help with turns for help with yaw, the inside/up aileron travels more then the outside/down aileron

PoorManRC

Master member
One mix you may want to do later, after the maiden, would be to ad about 5% down elevator on throttle up. With he BB she will have plenty of up for you already given the biplane wing style. Since you have your ailerons on two servos you could do a drag differential between the two to help with turns for help with yaw, the inside/up aileron travels more then the outside/down aileron
Drag Differential is done βœ”

I MAY have fixed the up issue..... I might have cut a couple of degrees too much, of Elevator Up Incidence. 😳
I've also got a couple of degrees of down Thrust.

I WAS worried. BUT, the way she LEPT up while Taxiing fast, was so promising!!!
Tomorrow's looking even BETTER - 70 and CALM!!!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Drag Differential is done βœ”

I MAY have fixed the up issue..... I might have cut a couple of degrees too much, of Elevator Up Incidence. 😳
I've also got a couple of degrees of down Thrust.

I WAS worried. BUT, the way she LEPT up while Taxiing fast, was so promising!!!
Tomorrow's looking even BETTER - 70 and CALM!!!
Awesome!! on the edge of my seat, can't wait to see you fly.