LitterBug

Techno Nut
I never ended up finishing it, I moved on to other projects that were a bit more interesting to build.

You mind if I pick up and continue this thread with the Eclipson Prandtl? Spent a good part of the afternoon researching the prandtl, and Now I am intriqued. And as luck would have it, I got an email saying that Eclipson had just released their Prandtl with a discount. (strange coincidence?

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
So far.... mixed bag printing parts. It's the always fun, tune things the best you can. I have been using my open air MP-10, but I'm having problems with warping and lifting, even with PLA. Going to give my enclosed XYZ printer a go to see if that helps.

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Working the printing settings to try to get rid of warping and splitting. Some of it could be the filament I'm using, the other is the inconsistent layer thickness of the model. Still have not gone to the enclosed printer, which would probably help.

Here's a pic of some of the better parts. The silver Filament is working better than the Red, and the Hatchbox is working MUCH better than the inland.
eclipsonP.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

OliverW

Legendary member
Working the printing settings to try to get rid of warping and splitting. Some of it could be the filament I'm using, the other is the inconsistent layer thickness of the model. Still have not gone to the enclosed printer, which would probably help.

Here's a pic of some of the better parts. The silver Filament is working better than the Red, and the Hatchbox is working MUCH better than the inland.
View attachment 175463

Cheers!
LitterBug
I've only ever gotten hatchbox and I love the stuff to death!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob

View attachment 175463

Cheers!
LitterBug
My ender 3 just came in. Now I can get a number of project and ideas worked. Out.! The prandlt is one !

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Printing Wing1R on the MP-10. You can see warping on the left side of the wing. Part is stressed and cracked lightly in the middle.
OpenAirPrandtl.jpg

For comparison, I'm printing Wing1L with the Red Hatchbox that I had issues with on the MP10 with the enclosed printer. I've never needed to use a RAFT with the enclosed printer and had MUCH less warping. Some of that is due to the PEI, some of it due to the enclosure.
enclosedPrandtl.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Printing wing parts on the enclosed, non-warpy parts on the MP10. Should make it all go a bit quicker I guess. Thinking about MP10 enclosure options while all this proceeds.

LB

LitterBug

Techno Nut
@PsyBorg, Yeah this is one of those threads that I missed originally. I caught it when it popped back up. When I started digging in to what it was all about, it really piqued my interest. The timing of the Eclipson Prandtl model was the exact same day I started digging in to all this so I took it as a sign that it was meant to be. Making good progess on the printing. Main parts of the Left wing are done. Waiting on a spool of white Hatchbox for the right wing and left aileron. Will work on the motor mount and other hardware till that shows up. Loose fitting on the basement floor:
PrandtlLeft.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ohh I like that color contrast between the filaments. Do you plan to smooth the prints out like some do or will you leave the print raw like that and use the roughness to work sort of like vortex generators to enhance lift and stability? Or am I completely off and the print lines are not as rough as they seem?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I'm just trying to get it in the air. It's structurally sound. I could tune some of the zits out, But I'll wait till I get an enclosure for the MP10 before spending too much time on all that.

Cheers!
LB

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hatchbox white PLA arrived. Wing 1R done!
Prandtl1R.jpg

I am going to have to load the silver up on the enclosed printer to get a non-warped Center section. The left side (top as printed) is straight, but the right side (bottom as printed) is warped from the thermal stress.

LB

Last edited: