ImmersionRC Vortex build

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I received my Vortex today. I'll post my thoughts and keep track of any changes I make in this thread.

Initial specs:

MK 12: ImmersionRC Vortex

motors: Tiger Motor 1806 2300KV
ESCs: ImmersionRC EzESC 12A
RX: FrSky D4R-II
props: HQ 5x4

battery: Lumenier 4S 1300 mAh 60C
Lumenier 4S 1800 mAh 75C

camera: GoPro HERO3+ Black
FPV camera: Fat Shark 600TVL CMOS
FPV antenna: ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz SpiroNET

motor to motor distance: 285 mm
all up weight: 620 g

Current specs:

MK 12: ImmersionRC Vortex

motors: Cobra 2204/32 1960 KV
ESCs: ImmersionRC EzESC 12A
RX: FrSky D4R-II
props: HQ 5x4.5

battery: Lumenier 4S 1300 mAh 60C
Lumenier 4S 1800 mAh 75C

camera: GoPro HERO3+ Black
FPV camera: Fat Shark 600TVL CMOS
FPV antenna: ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz SpiroNET

motor to motor distance: 285 mm
all up weight: 664 g

Last edited:

C0d3M0nk3y

Here's what the box looks like:

Everything is packaged nicely.

Flight tested.

Spare plastic parts and a spare set of Gemfan 5030s.

The antenna looks like a standard SpiroNET with heatshrink covering the connector.

A spare part for the bottom front.

And the quad.

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
Booya! Glad you got it in hand man! Did you get it sorted and armed?

Also, not sure if you've had a look yet, but although most of the first batch are shipping with 600tvl cameras, a few apparently went out with 700tvl.

C0d3M0nk3y

Booya! Glad you got it in hand man! Did you get it sorted and armed?

Thanks. I have not been able to get it to spin the motors at all. Hopefully it will turn out to be something I overlooked or some other easy fix.

Also, not sure if you've had a look yet, but although most of the first batch are shipping with 600tvl cameras, a few apparently went out with 700tvl.

Mine has the 600.

BanditJacksRC

oh i agree, but from what i remember (maybe 4 or 5 years ago) you only get like 40bucks for donating (and only once a week)

oh i agree, but from what i remember (maybe 4 or 5 years ago) you only get like 40bucks for donating (and only once a week)

you should have invested in a set of these:

iu

and doubled your weekly draw :D

i've never donated plasma before but i know quite a few who have had to in the past...

the place around here let you donate 3 times a week, but you get more for the first one and then the other 2 are less.

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
Are the 1806s "Race Motors" or "Entry Level"?

1806s regardless. the t-motors are 'race' and I think they'll be slapping some cheapy 1806s on the entry level (like emax or something similar). If you want 2204's just order some cobras and get the entry level (once they start shipping them). The ESCs can handle 2204/1960kv with bullnose 5's on 4s .Slightly less top end compared to the 1806/5x4hq 4s combo, but much more punch/torque/insta-response on the cobras. Word on the street is you'll want to run an 1800 with the cobras as well. If they come out with a higher rated ESC, I'd like to throw 2204/2300s on there... but that could be a minute.

From what I've seen, the 1806s/5x4hq's on 4s are definitely no slouch... and it comes pre-tuned super smooth with ummagawd's settings out of the box.

I plan to throw the 5x3 gemfans in a fire when I open the box.

Last edited:

Ocean

Burn the gemfans.

To be honest I find 1806s pointless, why bother unless you are running 5030 or 5040 on 3s (which are redundant unless you are a
beginner, which ever if you are, good quality 2204s are better for future proofing).

Do any of the kits come with motors with more beef?