ImpulseRC Alien build

FPVology

one more question. where do you pick up that heat shrink you used for the antenna protection? looks like it shrinks way down.
Thanks

FPVology

i was just looking closer and thought it ran down to the coax. looks like it just wraps around the bottom a bit

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
i was just looking closer and thought it ran down to the coax. looks like it just wraps around the bottom a bit

Right. I have one piece of regular 1.5" heat shrink on the cover, and I have pieces of 3/8" dual wall heat shrink that shrinks 3:1 on both ends of the coax. I got the idea from Strepto's video.

C0d3M0nk3y

Maiden for the new build was uneventful. I swapped out the TBS camera for an HS1177 after the maiden because I didn't like the low light performance. I probably could have cranked up the brightness on my goggles to compensate, but I didn't really want to do that. I went out to a new spot and put the new motors through their paces a bit. Here's a quick edit of that:

C0d3M0nk3y

I also tried unsuccessfully to roll through a gate made of 1/2" PVC. Didn't quite line it up right. :)

Darkback2

Those flips though! Wow man, Great flying! It is funny for me because I sort of have to do a bit of mental math to figure out which way your quad is facing during some of those because I imagine your camera is pretty tilted so at 151 for example when you throttle up and are looking at the sky you are actually going backwards back over the gate?

Honestly this is pretty cool!

DB

C0d3M0nk3y

Those flips though! Wow man, Great flying!

Thanks!

It is funny for me because I sort of have to do a bit of mental math to figure out which way your quad is facing during some of those because I imagine your camera is pretty tilted so at 151 for example when you throttle up and are looking at the sky you are actually going backwards back over the gate?

Right. The goal was to do one big, smooth loop.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Nice flying code. It will still be 45 days before grass turns green here. You have me totally jealous of your race course. :)

C0d3M0nk3y

I swapped out the motors on both of my Aliens. I put a set of Lumenier 2206 2350KVs on my main quad, and moved the 2204 2500s over to my backup.