Blackout mini H quad build

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
I just tried out Boris B's version with the soft filters. It makes a pretty big difference. The weather here isn't cooperating enough for me to do a full test tonight though.

I'm using PID 1 at the moment. I'll probably try PID 2 too.

Excellent! PID 1 seems to be getting a bit more love in the dev department, I just don't exactly 'get' tuning on it just yet though (starting values)... I came into this pretty much when lux got fixed and that's the first thing I learned to start tuning.

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I was able to do some flying today, and I'm very impressed with the soft filters. This thing feels like it's on rails.

narcolepticltd

Wow... it even sounds different in the air :) I'm itching to get mine flying now but still waiting on motors (USPS seems to have lost the package). I may hit you up for PIDs for a starting point once I get the build near completion =)

Damn nice flying!

narcolepticltd

I just tried PID controller 2. It's pretty great.

I've been dying to give it a whirl with the fixins boris has been putting in there... going to have to wait till I can get something in the air other than the vortex (or until 1.10 releases officially along with new OSD firmware).

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I've been dying to give it a whirl with the fixins boris has been putting in there...

He just keeps adding more too. The feature he's currently working on is basically OneShot for looptime if I understand it correctly where the looptime syncs with the gyro's refresh rate.

Last edited:

narcolepticltd

He just keeps adding more too. The feature he's currently working on is basically OneShot for looptime if I understand it correctly where the looptime syncs with the gyro's refresh rate.

I saw something about that on github :) making things simpler is never a bad thing as long as the granularity is still there for fine tuning... don't see a downside to that sync either - especially if it's something you can toggle.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
And burn it you did! :p

It also looks like you're using tall grass and weeds to give your mini a nice mottled green spray coat.

zenguerilla

I finally managed to burn one of my SN20s.

Been waiting a while to suggest this, in general, but may help to consider something like a bissel 'steam shot' or similar to do some 'after cleaning' of quads as a good idea. The steam is highly effective at such things and is like mini power wash due to pressure and steam, but also dries very well as being only hot water vapor. Mainly things that are 'over wrapped' might be the concern for residual moisture. With power removed, it should be safe.

41nvjRlbfVL._SY355_.jpg

Perhaps not perfect / best example, but what 'the youtube' machine pulls up tonight. I have and have used one of these (bissel steam shot in particular) myself, and can say it is quite effective as a micro-scale pressure/steam washer, among other things, soap/residual free, etc. A little close up toward tail of video.

Apparently, other water - based methods work as well.

Cheers.

Last edited: